BC330

Anyone for a little dirt street? Sun morning Early!

I am in... I ain't skeered of a little water... I am bringing dishwashing gloves and hipwaders... when badfish and I last rode it in the rain, it was freaking cold, so I am counting on Bill and BC to run a pace that keeps us all working hard...

I will bring rain gear, and extra gloves in a ziplock... any other suggestions to "feel dry and warm"?

Wallet- just TELL the wife you are going! That's what I would do... :D

See you guys there...

I'm going to do my best to make it. Will bring my smoker as the 525 is still down from bad valves. I'll do everything until the highway stuff and then will head back to the trucks at PV or ???

mctrails

Guest Wayne Baigent

Howdy BC

Are you open for another rider. The possibility of bad weather or snow cements it for me. see ya at PV 6:45

Regards

Kiwi Wayne :blink:

whew! looks like as many as 10, not counting any lurkers!

slut, BC, toad, fakey, erick, trophy, bill, schwinn, mxr and wayne...

(I elected myself the facilitator for this ride )

Sounds like a good size group... as in BIG.

See you all in the morning

as it is BC's ride, I was going to wait until tomorrow to bring it up... but that IS a good idea

If anyone needs to split off...tis OK! Just be sure to have at least one trail buddy to ride with. In these kind of conditions you can't afford to go down alone!

Looks like its gonna be sloppy.... I can't wait, I was up at 6:00am preping my gear and bike. Just got my new Adventure pass to apease the local rangers, Hope they don't see the SX-F muffler on the ride :blink:

Conditions:

DD and I rode McCain today and it was cold,40's windy and a solid mist the clouds were on the ground. It was great, traction will be even better tomorrow, but beware no visiblity, so heads up for head on's. We stopped by Pine Valley parking area on the way home and the conditions were pretty much the same, no bikes there at 2pm. The wind picked up noticeably as the day went on pretty close to a constant 50mph when we left, probably not as windy at CC? You guys have a great ride :blink:

Conditions:

DD and I rode McCain today and it was cold,40's windy and a solid mist the clouds were on the ground. It was great, traction will be even better tomorrow, but beware no visiblity, so heads up for head on's. We stopped by Pine Valley parking area on the way home and the conditions were pretty much the same, no bikes there at 2pm. The wind picked up noticeably as the day went on pretty close to a constant 50mph when we left, probably not as windy at CC? You guys have a great ride :blink:

Thanks for the weather report. We will take lots of picks.. full report to follow next week. I hope to see some snow up at the top of laguna. That always makes things fun.

3 mil neoprene gloves at Big 5 in the fishing section...8 buckaroos.

Heck, if FN can wear a bracelet, I can bring neoprene gloves. :blink:

Bob, as requested..home safe. Did Kernan and the road to the truck. Great ride BC, wish I didn't have to cut early but need to pack for NYC.

Met Jed on the way back stopped on the side of the road. Solo thru the elements. He has a great knowledge of the area as he lives close and pointed out some interesting trails for future rides. Post one up, Jed.

Great to meet more of the group and ride some different conditions! Enjoyed it all!

Bob, as requested..home safe. Did Kernan and the road to the truck. Great ride BC, wish I didn't have to cut early but need to pack for NYC.

Greetings Ken,

Thanks for stoping to say hi on your way back. I continued south and dorked around on some single tracks down by the old rock house. Fun splashing through puddles and whatnot. As I made my way back toward Pine Valley I was getting close to a giant puddle when coming around the corner come 2 atvs and I got splashed hard by them. I went to frosty burger and rode home to descanso to eat my burger and watch the chargers.

Bob; thanks for the invite this morning; absolutely a great day for a ride- wind; mud; snow; hail; no-visibility and below-freezing cold! Clearly i need a lot more practice riding in the mud and getting my speed up, and maybe something smaller than the 650 to learn on.

I had to cut the ride short, after realizing that the bike wasn't going to re-start without bump starting it, if and when it shut off. I guess the fuel injection didn't like the cold! Fortunately, Wayne and Matt saved my bacon; Wayne was able to get it going with my pushin the bike and Matt gave me a ride back to the other bike. Thanks guys.

All n all; absolutely great way to spend the morning. Thanks

MotoToad (Eric)

we started with 11, and the group kept shrinking... BC will start the ride report; epic conditions, good pace and good buddies

Wind, rain, snow, hail, mud.

Perfect conditions- it was a blast, thanks!

fn

Nice ride guys - thanks for arranging it BC. Looking forward to seeing some of the pictures, especially the picture where Paul uses his gum to weld my stator case together after I tumbled down the rocks. His fix saved my day and I was able to ride +10mi back to my truck. The fix was so good, I may not have to replace the part. Thanks again Paul!

Bob - how did the rear-tire repair go? Where did the group ride after we parted?

Nice meeting everyone - can't wait for the next ride.

sdmxr (Matt)

mctrails and BC lent a hand... I put a 21 in the rear... it didn't feel quite right, but held air... I swear; I was on my way back to help out when the tire went flat... I figured it would be much easier to fix at the campground than perched up on the rocks, and in some slimy corner.

Trail 9 can turn on you real quick, huh?

Paul (fake name) is a handy guy to have around... he was the one that had the splint when walker1 "walkered" his leg.

He had the gum today... If he DIDN'T have what was needed, I would be shocked... LIKE A DRY TOWEL FOR OUR GOGGLES

Well.

Let the record show that I carry a dry towel. It's 100% cotton and has a Williams-Sonoma tag. I use napkins that are retired from the dining room table. But it was in my fender bag, and yours was right there, offered to me.

And that was no gum. it was this!

I carry a slug of that mighty stuff too. Good to have around. Sounds like a lot of fun happened after I pealed off. Thx again for the ride!