Sign in to follow this  

I'm now officially IBA member #34482. I did my Iron Butt ride back in August and received my confirmation yesterday. I did the Saddle Sore 1000, 1000 miles in 24 hr or less. Starting at 2:46am from Rancho Penasquitos to the Golden Gate Bridge and back for a total of 1027 miles, back at 9:07pm.

DSCN4463.jpg

A rest stop at dawn

DSCN4464.jpg

My bike is a 03 Ultra Classic

DSCN4465.jpg

Some directions tape to the tank. I wish I would of took more photos but I was always worried about time and riding at night when I would be tired. I went up the I-5 to the Bridge, down the S-101 to Paso Robles east back to the I-5, E-210, S-15 home.

DSCN4505.jpg

Kelly

Most cool! I’ve wanted to do that. I’ve been thinking about doing a straight shot out to El Paso and on in to Texas for my saddle sore 1000. But maybe a round trip like yours would be better. Then I wouldn’t have to ride another 1000 miles just to get back home.

I think I have the bike for it.

P1010074.jpg

Congratulations Mr. Iron Butt!

Hey Roger, I had thought about knocking off both Saddle Sore and then adding 500 more to get the Butt Burner 1500 in 36 hr. It would of been more fun to have another rider, maybe next year at the height of daylight savings time I would do it again or maybe get a group ride?

Kelly

Hey Roger, I had thought about knocking off both Saddle Sore and then adding 500 more to get the Butt Burner 1500 in 36 hr. It would of been more fun to have another rider, maybe next year at the height of daylight savings time I would do it again or maybe get a group ride?

Kelly

Good idea, but we would have to go north. It would be too hot to go toward Texas or anywhere southeast. Maybe Oregon and Back? <_<