Sign in to follow this  
paulmbowers

McCain and Lark

Great to put faces to names or Fake names ? Good group, no whiners, good bike prep, no war stories, I didn't bleed, no helicopters, no tickets, no dust for me ! All good.

Great ride this morning- thanks all!

Here's an image:

Enjoyed the ride this morning. Thanks especially to fakename and bikeslut for watchin out for me (newb). It was awesome!

post-4447-1223248760_thumb.jpg

post-4447-1223248794_thumb.jpg

Well, looks like I missed a good ride full of fine characters. On the bright side, my EXC shock rebuild chore is out of the way and the bike is back in commission. :o

it was a great day to ride; I was there too early, after attending a wedding until the wee hours last night (this morning)... the early group (bill, Paul, brent, tom and chris) ran a good pace and explored a lot; no crashes (no pictures to prove it anyway) thanks for leading bill!

got back to the wash to find sdlineman and port patiently waiting... we did some easy trails and we learned an important lesson about "clear the trail" and target fixation...

really good ride guys

saw you guys on the way out,,,got up late and missed my crew as well, they were done too, by the time we showed. Glad you all had a good one, rob

I was loving the perfect cool weather. I had lots-o-fun trying to keep up with racerbill all morning. After a morning of high speed riding while dodging cactus and pointy sticks Im glad my only damage was bent bars after a poorly executed rock jump.

I was loving the perfect cool weather. I had lots-o-fun trying to keep up with racerbill all morning. After a morning of high speed riding while dodging cactus and pointy sticks Im glad my only damage was bent bars after a poorly executed rock jump.

yeah, Bill is fast... I thought the mix of speeds was about perfect; enough spacing to keep the dust down, but close enough so the leaders didnt have to wait TOO long

chris kept improving as the morning progressed!

and the weather could not have been better!

chris kept improving as the morning progressed!

Yeah, Chris is normally a quad ridin guy. He has only had the XR a little while now but he is picking up the 2 wheel skills pretty quick.

Ah.

So when we were packing up, laughing when the quads where making their little dust tornadoes, Chris was secretly wishing it was him??? Cheering them on? :D

Ah.

So when we were packing up, laughing when the quads where making their little dust tornadoes, Chris was secretly wishing it was him??? Cheering them on? :unsure:

Oh yeah, no doubt. :blink: No he doesnt take his Raptor on much hardpack, its a dune quad, and to wide to fit on most trails.