Yeti

Big Adventure Bike Ride this weekend?

Anyone else with a big Adventure bike want to ride this weekend? Sunday Sept. 1 is the best day for me.

I'm hoping to do something with as much fireroad as posssible, some street, etc. Basically a ride that can be done on a big adventure bike with SUV tires (i.e. Anakees or Tourances).

Anyone?? Bagstr??

My calendar says Sunday August 31!

I might be interested if I knew whereabouts you want to go and how far/long. Do you have any place in mind? Hopefully some place that won't be subject to Labor Day weekend traffic!

Steve

Anyone else with a big Adventure bike want to ride this weekend? Sunday Sept. 1 is the best day for me.

I'm hoping to do something with as much fireroad as posssible, some street, etc. Basically a ride that can be done on a big adventure bike with SUV tires (i.e. Anakees or Tourances).

Anyone?? Bagstr??

My calendar says Sunday August 31!

I might be interested if I knew whereabouts you want to go and how far/long. Do you have any place in mind? Hopefully some place that won't be subject to Labor Day weekend traffic!

Steve

Geez, I'm off by one stinkin day . . . :D

I was thinking go early-ish to avoid traffic and heat and stay local so it wouldn't be an ALL day deal.

I was thinking go early-ish to avoid traffic and heat and stay local so it wouldn't be an ALL day deal.

So far, so good. And where-ish?

Steve

So far, so good. And where-ish?

Steve

Ah, now there's the rub. I'm not really sure where good trails are. Bagstr and a few others on here do so I'm hoping someone who knows good trails can help out here.

I wanted to get people thinking about it sooner than later and see what we could figure out.

Would you consider De Luz Rd, Tenaja TT, Margarita Rd as suitable?

Steve

Ah, now there's the rub. I'm not really sure where good trails are. Bagstr and a few others on here do so I'm hoping someone who knows good trails can help out here.

I wanted to get people thinking about it sooner than later and see what we could figure out.

Would you consider De Luz Rd, Tenaja TT, Margarita Rd as suitable?

Steve

Having not ridden them before . . . of course!! :D I'm always up for new rides.

Myself and a couple friends should be joining you guys. We'll follow the leader?

All 3 of us will be on KTM 950s.

Wayne

Myself and a couple friends should be joining you guys. We'll follow the leader?

Wayne

Leader?? :)

Cool, now we've just got to figure out the details.

I was going to suggest that the details wait until Friday, in case someone proposed a route that you liked better. However, since this route is proving popular, let's start with details.

I don't know where all of you live, but I would suggest that the Park and Ride at La Costa Ave and Hwy 5 (NE corner) would be a good place to meet. From there, we would go up 5, east on 76, north on Olive Hill Rd to Fallbrook. If someone wants to join us in Fallbrook, that's fine, but our arrival time will be somewhat iffy.

If this is acceptable, what time do you want to meet at the Park and Ride?

I guess I am the leader! At least I have been on these roads and as long as you don't have an aversion to twisty roads, I think you will enjoy the ride.

Steve

Wayne

Leader?? :)

Cool, now we've just got to figure out the details.

Wayne

Come on Hammer. Here is your opportunity!

Oh sure, you guys get a Big Orange ride together and then you pick a day that I’ll be in jail and can’t join you. :)

Well…I think someone should organize a Big Red Pig ride to counterbalance the BO ride. We do have much more then 1 Honda adventure bike in the club.

Then maybe the next weekend Ken could get a red and white Italian bike ride going to counter the other rides.

Anyway I wish all of you going riding this weekend a lot of fun and please take photos to post. That looks like the only way I’ll be riding anything this weekend. :lol:

I was going to suggest that the details wait until Friday, in case someone proposed a route that you liked better. However, since this route is proving popular, let's start with details.

I don't know where all of you live, but I would suggest that the Park and Ride at La Costa Ave and Hwy 5 (NE corner) would be a good place to meet. From there, we would go up 5, east on 76, north on Olive Hill Rd to Fallbrook. If someone wants to join us in Fallbrook, that's fine, but our arrival time will be somewhat iffy.

If this is acceptable, what time do you want to meet at the Park and Ride?

I guess I am the leader! At least I have been on these roads and as long as you don't have an aversion to twisty roads, I think you will enjoy the ride.

Steve

Does that involve any trails? One of my goals for the weekend is to get the GS dirty again. :)

Anyone?? Bagstr??

Yeti,

Good job instigating! Love to join in but, Saturday is my day out this W.E. Family issues Sunday, painting Monday. Appears there are plenty of Monster Bikers lurking about, have fun.

La Costa sounds like a good starting point. As far as a start time, how about 7 AM? Just a suggestion.

Roger: Don't you have a "get out of Jail card"?

La Costa sounds like a good starting point. As far as a start time, how about 7 AM? Just a suggestion.

Agreed. As long as there's dirt involved. I'd rather meet early and get the riding in before it gets insanely hot out out there.

Not for that weekend I don’t. :) But I do get released for nine days in September. Hammer has convinced me to take my Harley HC FN Aadventure electraglide on a little trip starting the 3rd of September. Now if I can only get him to go with me. :lol:

You guys have a great Adventure ride and take lots of photos. I'll just stay "down with the Homies". <_<

Yes, there will be dirt. There is a bit of dirt road on De Luz, and Margarita is about 6 miles of dirt out to the end and six more back. Is that enough? With some more street riding, we could get to some more dirt, but I haven't actually ridden those areas. There are also some short dirt dead ends in the area. Maybe some SDAR experts on that area can give us some suggestions.

So far, I see 7 am at La Costa, which is certainly early enough. In fact, going east, the morning sun will be in our eyes.

Steve

Does that involve any trails? One of my goals for the weekend is to get the GS dirty again. <_<

Sounds awesome to me!! 7am at the park and ride. I think I've ridden out there too, awesome riding!!

Allright everyone, be at the La Costa Avenue Park and Ride off the 5 at 7am!! :huh:

I'll be there. Recently purchased an 06 GS. Moved from dirt to dual sport to this. Love the bike so far, wondering what the dirt will feel like.

Do you guys where your full dirt gear on these rides? MX boots, dirt or street helmet. I'm thinking easy dirt roads more towards street gear. Ron

Ron, I can't speak for others, but I don't think it makes much difference. I have to wear my MX boots with my DR650 because I have adjusted the shift lever for them. With most of the ride on the street, a street helmet would make sense, as long as it doesn't get too hot when we slow down on the dirt. I'm going to wear a mesh jacket instead of my Thor impact rig.

Steve

Do you guys where your full dirt gear on these rides? MX boots, dirt or street helmet. I'm thinking easy dirt roads more towards street gear. Ron

I'll be there. Recently purchased an 06 GS. Moved from dirt to dual sport to this. Love the bike so far, wondering what the dirt will feel like.

Cool, another GS!!

I'll be wearing the same stuff I always wear except for when I do hardcore dirt: Arai XD (dual-sport) helmet, BMW mesh jacket, Aerostich pants and Combat Lite boots. I bring googles for off-road just because they're cooler (temperature I mean, not cooler looking . . :ph34r: errrr, something like that)

See you there!!

Any room for a smaller bike? I'm in Temecula and can meet in Fallbrook Area...any rough idea on when your passing through that area.