Thanks Ken, great ride - who's goggles did I steal? PM me and I will get them back to you

post-101-1219006367_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006383_thumb.jpg

A new toy to drool over...

(hey, does that raisin have a surfboard?)

post-101-1219006409_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006395_thumb.jpg

Color coordination and.... fashion disaster...

post-101-1219006450_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006463_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006475_thumb.jpg

Traction check and a little balance exercise before take-off

post-101-1219006501_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006670_thumb.jpg

Some pre-ride shake downs...

post-101-1219006427_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006593_thumb.jpg

Machines at the ready... light my fire...

post-101-1219006707_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006730_thumb.jpg

The ride begins! Chasing the moon rise over Anza-Borrego

post-101-1219006770_thumb.jpg

Desert One Fuel Drop

Guest Hammerin Hammon

post-101-1219006367_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006383_thumb.jpg

A new toy to drool over...

post-101-1219006409_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006395_thumb.jpg

Color coordination and fashion disaster...

post-101-1219006450_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006463_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006475_thumb.jpg

Traction check and a little balance exercise before take-off

post-101-1219006501_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006670_thumb.jpg

Some pre-ride shake downs...

I stayed home, but 1 of my bikes went. :ph34r:

post-101-1219006427_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006593_thumb.jpg

post-101-1219006707_thumb.jpg post-101-1219006730_thumb.jpg

The ride begins! Chasing the moon rise over Anza-Borrego

post-101-1219006770_thumb.jpg

Desert One Fuel Drop

It was a great night ride. We ended up with 16 riders and Craig (Sandiegoland) who drove the truck around for the lunch stop.

Chris (crawdaddy), Sean (?), Steve (Schwinn), Alex (papaalex), Zina (Pirate monkey), Clayton (Mr Michigan), Brandon (xxxinsd), Bobbie (?), their friend on Hammers old Honda 440, Paul (ShockandAwe), Brad (Spaugh), Doug (Dig Dug), Paul (Kip), Mimi (Dirt Dame), Jeff (Roostingu), Ken (Joliet).

We never did see the 4 X 4 group that was supposed to be out there, or Kevin and Steve. It was 92 degrees when I started suiting up but with a breeze blowing it was comfortable. With the group as large as it was, we got down Heart Attack Hill about 1/2 hour after I wanted to. I think about 5 bikes from our group used various blinkers, bars, footpegs, ect. to scrub off some speed on the hill. Strangely enough there was another group of 7 riders that were doing the same ride as we were, and it got a little confusing for me (does not take much to confuse me) to keep track of the riders for a while.

Most riders enjoyed their own little adventures during the ride, Kip burned out a fuse and rode with no lights for a while, Zina started with her headlight ajdusted for bat watching, I almost forgot to put water in my pack, was leaving the parking lot when I realized how light I felt. just some minor things that added to the excitement. The ride for me was great, however the spot that I had picked for the lunch stop could have been better. It was pretty hot in the canyons of split mountain and there was no breeze.

I took no pictures this trip, so I hope everyone that took pics will post them up. Craig, don't forget to include a picture of your excavating tool. When we got the the lunch stop we were going to split into 2 groups some going back the easy route and 4 of us taking the hard way back. Jeffs bike would not start and we spent about an hour trouble shooting a fouled plug (its a long story). He was going to take the easy way back since he carpooled with Mimi. Spaugh, Doug, and Jeff took turns kicking the bike many times and we all decided to take the easy way back when the bike finally got started.

Craig much thanks for driving the lunch truck. What was the temperature in the canyon, did you check? We want to hear all about your adventure too (sorry).

We got back to the truck after the ride it was in the high 70s and very comfortable, just a beautiful evening with the full moon shining. Thanks to everyone that make the ride, and I will have a better lunch stop next time.

:ph34r: Ken

Jeff and I decided to join in the night ride at the last minute. It was nice to see 15 or 16 riders all gathered for a club ride. I found out that I am not really a very good rider at night in the desert on this ride. Thanks to Ken for putting the ride on and both Ken and Sandiegoland for getting the refreshment checkpoint set up.

This is the first time I got a black eye as a result of going for a trail ride. I know I should wear goggles, but I hate 'em so much and besides I already wear glasses. At first I thought that a direct blow right below my left eye was by a really big flying insect at 63 miles per hour on the highway gave me the bruise, but later views of some of the photos of myself showed that I already was bruised much earlier in the ride, and that the insect just hit me right in the existing bruise. I vaguely remember hitting some bushes and branches earlier in the ride, but didn't pay too much attention because I often get whacked by branches when I am riding. Anyway, I have a half inch shiner and will probably be thinking more seriously about wearing my goggles from now on.

Thanks to all that stayed with Jeff and helped him get his bike started after the rest stop. In the darkness and confusion I thought he was behind me as we headed for the pavement. And thanks to those who put together a plan to go look for Jeff and luckily didn't have to. It's a great group of riders that we have in this club.

Staging area and riders getting ready to depart for the trails.

100_1034.jpg

Jeff at The Squeeze.

100_1037.jpg

Somewhere just below The Drop.

100_1040.jpg

At the rest stop. The desert is still plenty warm at this point....in the mid to high nineties at least. Oh who am I kidding? It was over 100 out there!

100_1043.jpg

Joliets refreshmobile in the canyon.

100_1046.jpg

Kens 510 and my 450 TE just chillin' at the rest stop, leaning against the canyon wall.

100_1049.jpg

Getting ready to get back on the trail. It's Roostingu and Piratemonkey gearing up.

100_1050.jpg

LightmyFire.jpg

Hey, Sean and I had a blast despite a few light issues (the bulb kind not the full moon kind :ph34r: )

Many thanks to Ken/Craig for promoting/pre-riding/hosting this fun event......

Thanks for putting on a fun ride Ken.

Here's a few pictures:

img1789gr3.jpg

img1791dk1.jpg

img1792hj8.jpg

img1793nn1.jpg

img1795de3.jpg

img1799vd0.jpg

img1800nm2.jpg

I had a great time - we need to get together and do another night ride - maybe once it cools off a bit in the low desert...

Thanks to Joliet and Sandiegoland for hosting a fun night ride. Thanks to xxxinsd for hauling me and my bike. Even with helmet light, it was hard to see ahead without a rider in front of you, hence a few spills after going of the beaten path.

post-5435-1219012739_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219012695_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219012781_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219012800_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219012843_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219012863_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219012894_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219012913_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219012954_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219012979_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219013012_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219013047_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219013079_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1219013157_thumb.jpg

post-5435-1219012710_thumb.jpg

It looked like you guys were having all kinds of fun going by the bike tracks we chased all evening. We had a group of 8 Jeeps that took the same route basically that you did last night. We saw all the rigs at the trailhead so you were way ahead of us. We actually took off at 8:00 last night and was hoping to see some of you out there. Our little jount lasted until about 4 this morning. Looks like you guys had a blast. Maybe next time I will do it on 2 wheels. The reason they call the Squeeze.

post-835-1219014545_thumb.jpg

Looks a blast. How far did you go? Just wonder if my little fuel tank could muster this one.

Thanks Ken good ride, just a note when I got home unloaded the bike pushed the magic button and it fired right away, I have no idea what happened out there, and I am a little leary of trusting it again, until I figure out what really happened? I have some video and will post some. Here is one of them when I think it was still light.

Again I want to thank you fella's who stayed with me to start the unstartable, Ken, Doug,Brad,Alex,Schwinn,hope I didn't miss anyone, it was kinda dark ? :)

Okay forget that one its not done yet? here is the one in which at a fairly good speed in a sandwash that suddenly turned to softball size rollers I bit it managed to get up and restart before the group caught up and ride off like nothing happened, pride goeth after the fall? :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=58...68554&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2693399053553641443

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1516003017403271821

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=31...18758&hl=en

post-5435-1219013079_thumb.jpg

That shot sums it up quite well!

Great photos everyone and nice vids Jeff and Zina!!

This was a special ride for me for two reasons:

1. I took my own d#mn bike down Heart Attack Hill. I balked last time. The best part was swan diving at the end and beating my bike to the finish line. I felt like I was in my own Olympics.

2. (I hope this isn't TMI, but most of you all know I recently had a mastectomy for breast cancer.) I woke up on Tuesday and something was wrong with my implant -- it had rotated so my ta-ta was off kilter (don't try too hard to envision it). I went in to the doctor that day and he said, "Yeah, you rotated it. I've never seen that done before with this implant." He said he was going to have to open me back up and readjust me. Meh! That would make the fifth %$ surgery on that body part. Not happy.

So -- hang with me -- here's where the story gets good... I had a couple of chest/face plants last night (including the aforementioned). At our rest stop I felt kind of sore and reached down to see if I could feel anything unusual. I felt something wet and my first thought was that I blew myself open. I found that a little hard to believe so I groped around again and I had been fooled -- blood circulation isn't so good there so what I had mistaken for wet was actually unusually cold skin on a hot night. Then I realized something... "I think I'm in alignment!" I looked down and sure enough, it looked sort of normal from the top. This morning I verified it: One or more of the crashes put my implant back into the correct position. (Kind of reminds me of Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon when he puts his own dislocated shoulder into place by running himself into the side of a car.)

Dirtbiking is like a supplement to my HMO plan. :)

:):) Glad the dirt-ectomy was a success!!!

Looks a blast. How far did you go? Just wonder if my little fuel tank could muster this one.

Everyone on the planet has a range farther than mine (this week), so the answer is yes your fuel tank could cut the mustard. I think it was between 60 and 65 miles. I go on reserve at 45. :) Ken

Oh yeah, a big thanks also to Schwinn, who must've helped at least a half dozen guys (and me) get their bikes up over that chunk of rock that was dumping us on our asses. I think he was also busting his hump on Heart Attack Hill.

I believe Dig Dug ran sweep so he may have had his share of "security blanket" action.

Kudos to the seasoned riders willing to be near the intermediate riders. :)

Nothing like a few good theraputic faceplants to make things right. Just mind the branches and bugs. :)

1. I took my own d#mn bike down Heart Attack Hill. I balked last time. The best part was swan diving at the end and beating my bike to the finish line. I felt like I was in my own Olympics.

2. (I hope this isn't TMI, but most of you all know I recently had a mastectomy for breast cancer.) I woke up on Tuesday and something was wrong with my implant -- it had rotated so my ta-ta was off kilter (don't try too hard to envision it). I went in to the doctor that day and he said, "Yeah, you rotated it. I've never seen that done before with this implant." He said he was going to have to open me back up and readjust me. Meh! That would make the fifth %$ surgery on that body part. Not happy.

So -- hang with me -- here's where the story gets good... I had a couple of chest/face plants last night (including the aforementioned). At our rest stop I felt kind of sore and reached down to see if I could feel anything unusual. I felt something wet and my first thought was that I blew myself open. I found that a little hard to believe so I groped around again and I had been fooled -- blood circulation isn't so good there so what I had mistaken for wet was actually unusually cold skin on a hot night. Then I realized something... "I think I'm in alignment!" I looked down and sure enough, it looked sort of normal from the top. This morning I verified it: One or more of the crashes put my implant back into the correct position. (Kind of reminds me of Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon when he puts his own dislocated shoulder into place by running himself into the side of a car.)

This has to be my favorite motorcycle forum post ever. It's scary, exciting, in a weird way- erotic (anytime the word groped is used in a friendly way) and inspiring all at the same time.

I missed the ride, but love the images and commentary.

fn

Zina, you are a true inspiration: First, beating cancer. Then having the gumption to share such a close personal story. Next (and I say "next" because I'm convinced that this is faaaaar from your final chapter), self-performing trail side breast augmentation :):D

I can't wait to tell my grandchildren about you :)

Oh yeah, nice ride, cool pics, sorry I missed it...

Are there any mods reading, I think this was supposed to go in "the boob thread" :) Glad your ok Zina.

Have yet to hear from Brandon, he took a good shot to the ribs. Check in with us and let us know how you are doing. :) Ken

...it had rotated so my ta-ta was off kilter...

I just want to be on record as quoting that post. Please continue on now with this milestone thread, which will surely become part of the SDAR legend for generations to come.

:wub: