Corpic

KTM 950 Starting

Hello I am replacing a starter sprag / freewheel on my KTM 950 adv 2005 . I believe a m20 bolt is needed to remove the flywheel I know some of you have /had these bikes and may have this bolt . If I could borrow or purchase said bolt that would be great . Any other wisdom on what to check would be appreciated. I have checked voltage ,the relay clicks, connections are clean and tight and the starter spins without engaging. Thanks I am in North County

Sounds correct, those sprague clutches are a kind of common failure on those.  I’m pretty sure I have the flywheel puller bolt, but I’m down in Lemon Grove.  If nobody closer has one I will dig it out.

24 minutes ago, Corpic said:

Hello I am replacing a starter sprag / freewheel on my KTM 950 adv 2005 . I believe a m20 bolt is needed to remove the flywheel I know some of you have /had these bikes and may have this bolt . If I could borrow or purchase said bolt that would be great . Any other wisdom on what to check would be appreciated. I have checked voltage ,the relay clicks, connections are clean and tight and the starter spins without engaging. Thanks I am in North County

Mmmm let me look in my tool box . I might have what your looking for . Hang on . 

How about this? It is 20 mm

20230518_105355.jpg

• Like 1

I have not taken it apart yet waiting for the part but it looks like it would work I am relying on info from the KTM HOW

I have the same one, should be right.

8 minutes ago, Corpic said:

I have not taken it apart yet waiting for the part but it looks like it would work I am relying on info from the KTM HOW

7604846046 text me. I am in Escondido.