jjjulien

Looking for mid-size adv ride partner/group

Looking for suggestions on finding a small adventure riding group (or partner) for weekend day rides around SoCal and some multi-day rides much farther.

I live in Fallbrook and ride nearly every weekend and some weekdays.

Just got my first adventure bike, 890 Adventure R, so I am an adventure NOOB. However, I do have 30+ years offroad riding experience and am comfortable on easy to hard trails. Bias is heavily toward off-road, as I view the street as a means to get to the next trail.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jjjulien
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I would strongly recommend Sedlak Offroad School. Not only is the class top notch (in Campo), but you get to know and ride with a lot of great people.

• Like 2

@padu Thanks for comment.

However, not looking for instruction but some regulars to ride with. I should have clarified what I meant by NOOB. I am completely comfortable on the bike, just not so used to adventure riding in general, things like multi-day trips and especially camping. YouTube is great but not same as learning from others directly.

I would like to connect with some people that want to do this regularly like I do, which is currently every weekend. I ride alone nearly always, which is fine but I prefer to ride challenging terrain and having a partner or two would make it safer.

Thanks again,

Julien

• Agree 1

@jjjulien Welcome! I believe @moto_rph is near your neck of the woods but he is on the mend.

@shutterrev likes to get out and ride, he has a 690 if I recall. 

Next Weds is the First Aid Training and could be a good opportunity to meet some folks and maybe take away a tidbit from the class.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

@jjjulien Welcome! I believe @moto_rph is near your neck of the woods but he is on the mend.

@shutterrev likes to get out and ride, he has a 690 if I recall. 

Next Weds is the First Aid Training and could be a good opportunity to meet some folks and maybe take away a tidbit from the class.

@jjjulien, I'll be heading down to the First Aid class next week if you'd like to come along.  Since I am on the mend, I'll be using the car (boo), but will be bringing extra chairs etc.  Hit me up with an email if you're interested and we can figure out the logistics :)

@moto_rph Is the first aid class this Wed. (5/31)? What time is it? I would like to go but it depends on when in the day it is.

Thanks,

Julien