Biker Jones

Just sayin' "Hi."

After my initial foray into this world of dual-sport/off-road, and doing the Kernan Trail ride with some of you peeps (gosh, last summer already), I've been MIA. Yesterday, I just picked up a new to me bike. 2003 Kawazuki KLX400SR. Whoh, baby! Much different than my XT250. Though much taller, it is much easier to ride. Better suspension, more power, and way more comfortable riding ergos. I chewed up some Bear Valley OHV yesterday right after I got 'er home. Ya know...to test the brakes. Looking forward to some more riding. Let me know if you are going out on a Sunday. That's my only free day. I'm usually avail for a late afternoon/evening on Saturdays also.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biker Jones said:

After my initial foray into this world of dual-sport/off-road, and doing the Kernan Trail ride with some of you peeps (gosh, last summer already), I've been MIA. Yesterday, I just picked up a new to me bike. 2003 Kawazuki KLX400SR. Whoh, baby! Much different than my XT250. Though much taller, it is much easier to ride. Better suspension, more power, and way more comfortable riding ergos. I chewed up some Bear Valley OHV yesterday right after I got 'er home. Ya know...to test the brakes. Looking forward to some more riding. Let me know if you are going out on a Sunday. That's my only free day. I'm usually avail for a late afternoon/evening on Saturdays also.

Congrats on the new bike! What area of town are you in? Might help with coordinating rides

Plenty of seat options for that bike - same as the DRZ400

Excellent dualsport machine!

Edited by Goofy Footer

Welcome, and congrats on the new bike.

A quote from Steve McQueen when asked about his brakes...

"How are the brakes" ?

Steve...."don't know, never touched them".

Edited by KTMrad

I was on the KLX last summer for your ride down Kernan. as I recall, your a tall guy, you will get used to the highness. (King Joke)!

2 hours ago, ECDave said:

I was on the KLX last summer for your ride down Kernan. as I recall, your a tall guy, you will get used to the highness. (King Joke)!

The height is good. I am tall. Just need to learn how to partially dismount in an off camber situation without thinking too long about it and falling over, like I did this past Sunday. LOL.