KTMrad

SDAR First Aid Training May 31st

5 hours ago, DSM8 said:

Why do I feel that's how it would be if you had to treat me in the field, not others....just me.
😂

Paybacks a bitch. 🤣

• Haha 1

Great training, very informative and you could tell it was coming from a place of experience. It was nice to see some of you again and meet others for the first time!!

Edited by Wintyfresh
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

+1 With WintyFresh sentiments above, very good training, and great job - Thanks for setting this up @KTMrad.
I also think that's a new record for vehicles parked at the top of my driveway, nice job with the vehicular Tetris everyone :)

Here is a happy snap from the back row, couple more folks watching from outside. I think @moto_rph said he counted 21 folks present! 
IMG_1113.thumb.jpg.2033bb4466f5725f375b1c2067e5ddfe.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for hosting!

Thanks to Colin for coming out and sharing information and his experiences.

Odds are at some point one of us will be in a position to put it to use.

@shutterrev

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shutterrev said:

I think @moto_rph said he counted 21 folks present! 

Yeah, and here's a pic of the parking lot for all of the bikers present.  We're a hard core bunch...

(just kidding)

IMG_8990.jpg

Nice turn out at the meeting.  Very informative info.   Thanks to everyone who put this together.   

Nice to see people in person for a change!

• Like 1

Hi all, please post up photos if you have any from the class.

I'd like to once again thank Colin for putting on the class,  Shutterrev for hosting, Bubbagums for the $200 donation (which paid for the pizzas and sodas) and all of you for donating and attending,  was a great turnout.

I offered Colin all the money from the donations,  he only wanted to be reimbursed for his expense for making copies ($88, he agreed to round it off to $100) and said to donate the rest to the club...thanks a lot Colin !  That helps out SDAR big time since I recently had expenses for renewing website SSL certificate, domain renewals and monthly hosting costs.

We'll try to do a first aid class twice a year.

Edited by KTMrad
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

We'll try to do a first aid class twice a year.

I think that’s a great idea. We can tweak them as we go also to keep things fresh and fun. 
Getting together with our club members is something that is ALWAYS a good time. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I also want to give a shoutout to the owner (Nick) of Grandstand Pizza on Magnolia in Santee,  he appreciated the large order of 5 pizzas, so gave me a large Buffalo chicken pizza for free, and when I bought the sodas he gave me 3 - 2 liter sodas for the price of 2.

I ordered pizzas many times over the years when they used to deliver to my other house by Grossmont College when I had my riding buddies over...was good to see him again.

• Like 2

My pix...the custom Harley dualsport got a lot of attention....me likey.

20230531_175835_resized.jpg

20230531_175844_resized.jpg

20230531_175851_resized.jpg

20230531_175856_resized.jpg

20230531_175831_resized.jpg

20230531_180122_01_resized.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zubb said:

I think that’s a great idea. We can tweak them as we go also to keep things fresh and fun. 
Getting together with our club members is something that is ALWAYS a good time. 

For sure...we will be doing more events like this, club meetings,  street and dualsport rides, trail maintenance days and overnight campouts this year.

This is why we'd love to keep SDAR and the website forums alive.

Edited by KTMrad
  • Like 2