Rjg967

Sleeping bag or blanket?

I clicked the ad yesterday and saw the price....today it's a lot less.  I guess @Goofy Footer gets it right once in a while.  If you're used to buying WalMart camping supplies then the price might hit you in the feels, but for backpacking gear this is a solid price.  I might have to replace my 15 year old bag.

• Like 1

FPG ThermaShield  , this thing is stupid good. In cold It feels like in 1 second you wrap up in it , instant warmth. On the flip side, For heat reflectivity amazing as well.

Adapter Shade Panel 2.0 Learn More | forceprotectorgear

Field Blanket MultiCam w/ Pouch (forceprotector.com)

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 8:09 AM, tntmo said:

I clicked the ad yesterday and saw the price....today it's a lot less.  I guess @Goofy Footer gets it right once in a while.  If you're used to buying WalMart camping supplies then the price might hit you in the feels, but for backpacking gear this is a solid price.  I might have to replace my 15 year old bag.

Finally! the recognition I deserve!

Also @tntmo you have tires and oil older than your sleeping bag!

To extend the life AND temperature range of your existing bag, consider a sleeping bag liner. There are a variety of options from $25 to $110.

A liner can restore your old bag's temperature rating and/or extend it's service life.

A more heavy duty liner can substitute as a very light sleeping bag / blanket for warm summer trips.

This is a higher end one but it has the most reviews on the REI website, many of them are very positive.

https://www.rei.com/product/797114/sea-to-summit-thermolite-reactor-extreme-sleeping-bag-liner

image.thumb.png.6e9ef6913eb1d24c70016667f8b4111c.png