Zubb

Big bike capabilities

Everyone tends to have their own ideas about what makes a good bike.  Our perceptions about what's the right machine for "us" are extremely individualized and almost always shaped by our enthusiasm for a brand, a slogan, a personality, style, etc.

I loved this video.  Yes, it shows a lot of fast, capable riding on the type of trails that I gravitate to.  But Arie talks a bit about the capabilities of the bike and what it offers.  He makes some great comments at around 24 mins in, and also at the closing ceremony. No glorification of the brand. No whining about weight or suspension or <insert complaint here>.  Just 5 awesome days wailing on a great machine and enjoying the camaraderie on the trail and terrain.  Good stuff.

Enjoy.

AR (Adam Riemann) is always cool. And quite skilled as well. His Motology series viddies are great.

• Like 1

I'd like to know how they got that one bike out of the tree down the side of that hill!

• Agree 1

To be fair, he would probably be able to ride a Hayabusa on those trails :)

"it's not the tool, it's the carpenter"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, padu said:

I’m 100% with you on that. However the point being the bike is 100% capable of being ridden aggressively on ADV bike trails. It’s what you want it to be. It clearly impressed Adam. And he’s quite the skilled rider. 

12 hours ago, padu said:

Oh the memories.  I took my GSXR 1000 off-road a couple times and it was tough.  One of the times I had a girl on the back and she was like a backpack, I remember thinking "is this chick even sitting on the seat"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ptkatoomer said:

I'd like to know how they got that one bike out of the tree down the side of that hill!

I don’t know. But a friend of mine saw this bike get pulled down, started up and rode out like it was nothing. 
83FE6113-BD09-430F-AFAD-615919C15CC1.thumb.jpeg.f0965c291fa10c2710b8dec665660837.jpeg

7 hours ago, cj54x said:

Oh the memories.  I took my GSXR 1000 off-road a couple times and it was tough.  One of the times I had a girl on the back and she was like a backpack, I remember thinking "is this chick even sitting on the seat"

My wife used to do this in the back, jumping, motocross, wheelie when where young.