padu

CA BDR Section 1 - Picacho Road

Hello folks! I've just completed BDR sections 1-3 and as expected from me, I got a ton of footage. I've decided to break it down into dirt road segments so the entire route is documented. I'll post some highlights as I go as well, but enjoy the full videos.

For the people in the future - take these videos with a grain of salt, because as any dirt road, situation can change quickly after weather events, lack of road maintenance, or traffic.

The first road of the BDR going south to north is Picacho Road. A good warmup, since it's a really easy freeway style road. Here it goes.

• Like 9

great video padu. I can appreciate the contrast of riding styles between our videos even though we rode the same general area .  You have awesome editing skills .

I like the speedo and gps you put in the video. Thankyou for posting .

• Like 3

On 4/5/2023 at 8:23 AM, 350thumper said:

great video padu. I can appreciate the contrast of riding styles between our videos even though we rode the same general area .  You have awesome editing skills .

I like the speedo and gps you put in the video. Thankyou for posting .

Love the video. That's not the typical CABDR route is it? Besides Intaglios wash, I don't recall any part being that technical.

Off road routes xan vary in terms of technical difficulty, and it's possible that different people may have different interpretations of what constitutes a "technical" section of a route. Some may consider steep inclines or declines, rocky terrain, tight turns, or deep water crossings to be technical, while others may only consider routes that require advanced vehicle modifications or specialized riding skills to be technical.

Screenshot_20230401-120655_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6be054066df56088a5e27f1f58221c01.jpg

In general, routes like the CABDR (California Backcountry Discovery Route) are designed to be challenging but not excessively difficult, so that they can be completed by riders with varying levels of experience and equipment. However, the difficulty level of a route can also be influenced by factors such as weather conditions, recent trail maintenance, and individual rider skill and confidence.

Ultimately, it's up to each rider to assess their own abilities and choose a route that matches their level of skill and comfort. It's always a good idea to research a route thoroughly before attempting it, and to ride with a group or partner for added safety and support.

Screenshot_20230401-120627_Gallery.thumb.jpg.293cb87afc8f8babdd35fba7e00c7831.jpg

I made the decision to tackle the route alone as I value the opportunity for personal growth that challenges like this provide. I noticed that your DesertX Ducati falls into the same category as my Honda XRL - both being mid-sized bikes. Your bike is new and sleek while mine is a 25 year older model that has served me well for years. I'm intrigued to see how they perform together and determine which bike excels at different types of riding. I hope we can cross paths on the trail and share our experiences.