1 minute ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I will check if I have recorded this.

honestly I'd even take a map location for the start and end. I'm quite capable of getting lost...... errr finding my way? don't worry I'll pack extra gas! 

1 hour ago, spazegun2213 said:

honestly I'd even take a map location for the start and end. I'm quite capable of getting lost...... errr finding my way? don't worry I'll pack extra gas! 

Lots of small bike And big bike stuff in SD

I recommend exploring our local desert asap before it gets too hot. This ^ stagecoach trail is borderline dez / high dez and will get hot too but at least it’s up in elevation. The desert floor will heat first.

16 minutes ago, spazegun2213 said:

hmmm, this seems to be showing an all pavement ride out the 8, up over sunrise (mt laguna), To Julian, and back to SD. 

There is a lot of highway.  Dirt starts at the jacumba shell station 2 mountain spring only.

1 hour ago, spazegun2213 said:

Is there a GPX/map for this? I'm looking for more fun "small bike" stuff. 

I will check if I have recorded this.

Start here and go north under the freeway  

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/V5xpM2dGmuNuWyTp8?g_st=ic

proceed to here and jump around the guardrail onto 8west. 
Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kcq86ysgLxp8tGhX9?g_st=ic

that is a clockwise loop with the highway being a “safe” exit point. If you are feeling spunky on your skinny bike, you can skip the exit and continue clockwise back up the hills. 
Note: not recommended for big bikes. Not recommended for solo travel. I doubt you’ll see other riders so be able to self rescue. Confirm your Aflac accident policy is paid up. Turn on your inReach before starting. Carry extra food and water, and parts if you’re on a KTM (LOL), or just take @tntmo with you. 

‘nother Note: I’m not wearing my glasses so kind of think those two pins are about right. You’re on your own to verify (maniacal laugh!). 

Pics or it didn’t happen!

2 hours ago, spazegun2213 said:

Is there a GPX/map for this? I'm looking for more fun "small bike" stuff. 

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/42373312

I'm trying out a new to me mapping site.  We'll see if this route shows up for y'all.

yeh, the link works for me.  Someone confirm please that you can see the track from the link above.

This was the track as I remember it.  Where it dumps out to the 8 was where we got off.  Continuing on in a clockwise direction is much more difficult.

• Agree 1

While you're out there having fun.... you may want to jump south of the freeway again and ride this.

Valley of the moon loop- Lvl3-2.gpx

You'll want to be comfortable lofting the front up some ledges and riding sand.  I must confess I haven't ridden this whole loop as my posse wasn't feeling it that day, and I'm a stay with the group kind of guy.

Edited by Zubb

Hey Zubb, well done, for me, the track was easily seen, and it matches Gaia. 

Mac

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zubb said:

yeh, the link works for me.  Someone confirm please that you can see the track from the link above.

This was the track as I remember it.  Where it dumps out to the 8 was where we got off.  Continuing on in a clockwise direction is much more difficult.

WORKED FOR ME.

14 hours ago, spazegun2213 said:

hmmm, this seems to be showing an all pavement ride out the 8, up over sunrise (mt laguna), To Julian, and back to SD. 

😆 

yup, its clear I'm blind. the trail runs so close to the 8 that zoomed out it looks like it was just a pavement cruise!

Looks like I need to get my eyes checked again!

Ive been back there, and down the hill to Mountain Springs but its been so long that I can't remember details. Count me in.