Another short, closed course XC event just outside of Tecate BC Mexico

Round 2 is the weekend just south of Tecate in the valley south after passing the toll road. Rancho El Chale 

Tough one short course I got in 2 laps......for a total of under 12 miles!!! Only 55+ entry so I won.... highlight was starting with the 45+ class and beating the 3rd place 45+ class guy. First start was red flagged due to trail confusion and people going 20 different directions. Restart was shortened to a 1 hour race. My eventful issues were going easy into the start and getting mud stuck from following too close to another guy , I got it on video , very dumb racing move..note to self never follow in the tire track of the guy in front of you!! Lost time pulling bike out-it was sucked into the mud bigtime!! ANother miscue later also caught on cam , took a line up the side of of muddy rocky up hill spot and the plants were like ice!!! also caught on camera!!! The rest was routine but quite tough and rough for alot of sections.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robertaccio said:

ATTN colorful language

I know this feeling, just remember it from many years ago. 

So here is the 1st start of the event that was red flagged. observe the swamp section.... unusual for us out here ( I grew up on the east coast so kind of a have seen enviro) . I forgot to turn on the cam......

I will state it again. I love the Michelin Enduro Medium tires  90/90-21 front and 140/80-18 rear. They offer a bit of everything and traction on slimy rocks. Lots of R&D into these tires for all conditions, due to the nature of FIM requirement for world enduro. 

2023 18MAR ZR Promo HS at El Chale Tecate 1 - YouTube

• Sad 1