MacDuncan

Low elevation roam around the CO river-ish

Given recent weather and road closures, my thoughts of playing in Death Valley and further north next week have changed. 

I may go play around Picacho, section 1&2 of CABDR, KOFA, Patton's cabin near Palen pass, etc... and maybe see if I can connect East KOFA to Arizona Peace Trail (is there a connector?).  Is there a "best" part of the Peace Trail below Hiway 10?  Pics, tracks and suggestions welcomed. :) .  Mac

The section of the Peace trail south of Quartzite (south of the 10) is my least favorite. The section north of Quartzite is beautiful. And there are many offshoots. You could take one of those offshoots eastward over to Almo Lake, then use the main trail to head south. There are some great camping opportunities. You could then loop clockwise to Yuma and start the section between there and Quartzite as you head back north. There are many bailout points so when you get sick of all the rocks, you can jump on two lane and slab back to Quartzite.

• Like 1

Heads up to any going to Alamo Lake area....  I looked at that route to Alamo Lake on the internet before heading out a few days ago and a bunch of folks shared that some of the entry points were so flooded that many pieces of the route that connect to that area were swamp like... but I didn't confirm in person...   but KOFA was spectacular!

On 3/8/2023 at 1:09 PM, MacDuncan said:

Heads up to any going to Alamo Lake area....  I looked at that route to Alamo Lake on the internet before heading out a few days ago and a bunch of folks shared that some of the entry points were so flooded that many pieces of the route that connect to that area were swamp like... but I didn't confirm in person...   but KOFA was spectacular!

Good info. I should have thought of that before with all the rain and snow. So what route did you ride? 525 running good?

Thanks Oracle, Bike ran incredible.  I may have a tiny start to a seal leak at front sprocket, but the bike took off like a jet when I asked it too. :)

I'll start a ride report.

• Like 1