padu

Ducati Desert X on enduro single track

I finally gained the courage to take the DDX to McCain Valley, our local meca for enduro and trials. There are hundreds of miles of single track, most of them challenging for a proper enduro machine, so I was nervous before hitting the trails.

We've been riding McCain for a while, so we decided to take the more "flowy" trails. The Desert X is very capable, but is a lot wider than a proper dirt bike, so it's easy to get stuck between rocks if you're not careful.

All in all, this was very rewarding. It brought my confidence level through the roof about what the bike is capable of. 

• Like 5

Well done!

I had a similar experience on my KLR 650 with @Pokey151. Went back on my YZ450 and it felt like an entirely new place. Lol

Edited by Rjg967
Link
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, padu said:

All in all, this was very rewarding. It brought my confidence level through the roof about what the bike is capable of. 

You are not helping my case to keep my multistrada with these great Desert X videos, but I will, but also remember you are a very thoroughly trained and capable rider Padu, the desert X is lucky to have you as it's captain 🤙

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rjg967 said:

Well done!

I had a similar experience on my KLR 650 with @Pokey151. Went back on my YZ450 and it felt like an entirely new place. Lol

This is awesome! Love the exhaust sound of the KLR. There were people camping on the trail at 2:10?!?!?

Anytime you'd like to repeat the dose let me know!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shutterrev said:

You are not helping my case to keep my multistrada with these great Desert X videos, but I will, but also remember you are a very thoroughly trained and capable rider Padu, the desert X is lucky to have you as it's captain 🤙

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not so sure she's happy with the places that I take her though 😂

I'm still keeping my multi for travels with the wife - that bike is sooo comfortable on the roads

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, padu said:

This is awesome! Love the exhaust sound of the KLR. There were people camping on the trail at 2:10?!?!?

Anytime you'd like to repeat the dose let me know!

Lol, the tractor sound actually put my wife to sleep when she watched the video. Yeah, people were tent camping right off the trail. There was people in the same spot the second time I went.

I'm in! Love that place. Now that I've got my KLR a bit more dialed in, as well as my YZ450, I would love to go back.

Well done Padu!! 
Would love to roll that with you. I’m afraid I’m out of pocket until May. 
thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

Well done Padu!! 
Would love to roll that with you. I’m afraid I’m out of pocket until May. 
thanks for sharing!

Any time! Just say the word

• Like 1