KTMrad

SDAR First Aid Class - Need Input

I have a friend Colin who was an EMT for 21 years, volunteer with the Alpine Fire Department, he has worked many desert races and is an active dualsport rider, so he knows what we're looking for regarding first aid that we should know while riding. He will do a class for us for free because he loves our club, and while he previously owned his car mechanics business Top Value Tire,  he sponsored our Desert Dash dualsport ride event and also gave SDAR members a discount.  If Goofy Footer wants to join in and help with the class, he is fine with that. It should be about a 2 - 3 hour class or so.

What would everyone prefer...a week night or a weekend ?

We also have to find a place to do it...preferably someone's house or yard or a classroom type atmosphere.

Looking for input so we can plan this sometime in the next couple of months.

Maybe we can order some pizza or sandwiches for this and attendees can pitch in $$ towards that if everyone wants to do that.

We would want a commitment and RSVP from all who want to attend before actually doing this.

Edited by KTMrad
  • Like 1

Weekends are a little harder for me to schedule than week nights, but with enough notice I could do either.

I'd also pitch in $ for pizza, beer for the teacher. 

As for where, everyone from a motorcycle shop to a brewery could work depending on the number of people, and time of day.

If I wasn't in the middle of a renovation I'd offer my place, but even my back yard has turned into a laydown area for material/trash. I'd be just as happy bringing a chair and a dish to share and turning it into a potluck.

This is one of those things I never really think about but REALLY need to know/understand as part of the sport. 

If we can find a place, time and presenter, I'd love to see this become a quarterly thing. Training is *ALWAYS* a good thing, especially if it can help save a life.  

• Like 1

If a 2 car garage works, I can offer this. Any time, weekday, weekend.

If the weather play good, out is always a option. 

Edited by Mr.JAJA
  • Like 1

Absolutley willing to pitch in on a gift for the instructor etc, if you hit dead ends for location - I have some chairs, and tables from farmers market, but if you run in to dead ends with location, I have a detached shop/garage and acre yard here off the 67 north of Lakeside 🤙🏻