Sat Feb 11 , 

Embark on a thrilling motorcycle adventure through the rugged and desolate terrain of Anza Borrego. Navigate steep downhill rocks, treacherous sand washes, and breathtaking mountain tops while exploring historic canyons. Tackle the notorious Heart Attack Hill, where the rocky and uneven landscape will test your skills and endurance.

Surrounded by towering cacti and vast deserts, feel the heat of the warm sun on your skin as you traverse this wild and untamed frontier. Take in the awe-inspiring scenery, from sprawling deserts to towering peaks, as you make memories that will last a lifetime.

This journey will be long and arduous, but the rewards are well worth the effort. Stay safe and have fun as you push your limits and experience the raw beauty of the desert. Don't miss this opportunity to challenge yourself and bask in the glory of the great outdoors.

Staging available.:

Edited by 350thumper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

When you go solo riding, follow the comments sense rule. 

Let some one know, where, when, how long you go. Have a Spot or similar  and you can post it here in the forum. There is a section for this here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

When you go solo riding

I believe the gentleman is offering to have others join him on this majestic voyage. 

Have a great time 🤙

• Like 1

Great sense of humor and adventure, Mr. thumper 🤣. I appreciate the satire in regard to the previous thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.JAJA said:

When you go solo riding.

Hey Jaja, thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and adding to my thread post! Your advice is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you're taking steps to stay safe while enjoying your solo rides.

I'd also like to extend an invitation to other riders out there to join in this desert adventure near the S2 highway. It's always more fun to have company and I'm sure we'll have a blast exploring together. If anyone else is interested, please feel free to share your plans and join the conversation in the forum. Let's make the most of this beautiful weather!

40 minutes ago, Duzitall said:

Great sense of humor and adventure, Mr. thumper 🤣. I appreciate the satire in regard to the previous thread. 

🐳. Ill look up the word satire. But thankyou and your welcome.

Shutterev : you just got points thankyou for catching that , hope to see you soon. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

thankyou for catching that

This weekend I shall briefly look to the East, with tear in my eye, and my hand over my heart - as I plate food for in-laws and family, knowing others are in the desert having adventures :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Sat Feb 11 , 

Embark on a thrilling motorcycle adventure through the rugged and desolate terrain of Anza Borrego. Navigate steep downhill rocks, treacherous sand washes, and breathtaking mountain tops while exploring historic canyons. Tackle the notorious Heart Attack Hill, where the rocky and uneven landscape will test your skills and endurance.

Surrounded by towering cacti and vast deserts, feel the heat of the warm sun on your skin as you traverse this wild and untamed frontier. Take in the awe-inspiring scenery, from sprawling deserts to towering peaks, as you make memories that will last a lifetime.

This journey will be long and arduous, but the rewards are well worth the effort. Stay safe and have fun as you push your limits and experience the raw beauty of the desert. Don't miss this opportunity to challenge yourself and bask in the glory of the great outdoors.

Staging available.:

We need you to make the poster for a Desert Dash !

The long term mantra of the Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro "Larga y Dura"

• Like 1

Hey Thumper, where and what time are you meeting ?

Also, what skill level/experience should the riders be ?

The route you are taking is not really good for new riders on any size bike....and riders on big ADV Bikes should be at least intermediate level riders.

• Like 1

This adventure is HARD & LONG, with treacherous terrain (desolate, rocky, steep, sand). Only expert riders with  a very high number of  years experience should attempt "Heart Attack Hill" in the Anza Borrego desert. Research needed. Dangerous environment. Health insurance a must. Message for best times & location. Difficult and life-threatening. Consider carefully.

Edited by 350thumper
  • Like 1

One day... I'll be good enough to join along in something like this ride.  Till then - Have a Blast!

• Like 1

Don't let societal pressures keep you confined to your home and computer, masked and afraid. Rise above it and take the reins of your life, seeking adventure and growth. Embrace the opportunity to learn and leave your comfort zone behind. Never let naysayers block your path to joy and fulfillment.

As a cautious rider, you possess a valuable quality. Your caution makes you a responsible and capable adventurer. Trust in yourself and the universe, for when the time is right, new opportunities for excitement and growth will arise.

One day we'll do it together, just like before when we rode thru the sand washes of the same desert. Maybe grab a burger after. My turn to buy...

8 hours ago, 350thumper said:

One day we'll do it together, just like before when we rode thru the sand washes of the same desert. Maybe grab a burger after. My turn to buy...

@350thumper you get deep with your philosophical writtings...

The reason I'm not riding currently is because I'm recovering from leg surgery.  I've been sitting around watching TV, videos and reading for 6 weeks with a couple more ahead of me.  When I get cleared to put weight on my leg...it's going to be like the Thin Lizzy song "Jailbreak"... 

And yes...it's your turn to buy next time - lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J5ive said:

@350thumper you get deep with your philosophical writtings...

Dont encourage me.. lol

6 hours ago, J5ive said:

The reason I'm not riding currently is because I'm recovering from leg surgery.  I've been sitting around watching TV, videos and reading for 6 weeks with a couple more ahead of me.  When I get cleared to put weight on my leg...it's going to be like the Thin Lizzy song "Jailbreak"... 

And yes...it's your turn to buy next time - lol

Ok. Maybe I join you on a slab ride . I'm sure som of your buddies here would love to do a noob ride when you get up again.

If tesla and APE keep climbing I shud be able to afford the burger.

• Like 1

You guys need to write an adventure novel!! your descriptive writing is brilliant. BTW just do a national Hare and hound or 2 , especially round 1 DMC or the final 100MC event , there are 50 desert HA hills that are harder and 10 x longer down and up in those events. If you want to challenge yourself. Of note the local National H&H that we sometimes get out in our local dez had/has some doozies in it as well. Keep up the good work and stay safe!! And keep on writing about these exploits!!!

Are you going to "tackle" Heart Attack Hill by going downhill? If I tried to ride my DR up that I'd probably end up in a river.

image.png.576e1b240e64db20fec24842d115e58f.png

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 1:46 PM, bfar33 said:

If I tried to ride my DR over that I'd probably end up in a river.

On these dual sport adventures, with each turn of the wheel, we refine our skills and push the limits of what we thought was possible. The nuts and bolts of the dual sport bike come together in a seamless harmony, allowing us to freely express ourselves and explore the unknown. We learn the nuances of our bike, becoming one with the machine as we navigate the challenges of the terrain.

As we progress through the desert obstacles, we gain a greater appreciation for the power and control of the dirt bike. We understand the importance of balance and timing, and how the smallest adjustments can make the biggest difference.

And through it all, we form a deep connection with the natural world. We feel the wind in our face and the grit of the sand beneath our tires. We become one with the landscape, and our passion for motor biking grows with each ride.

But above all, dual-sporting is about pushing our limits and discovering what we're truly capable of. It's about taking on challenges and overcoming them, and it's about learning to be resilient and adaptable in the face of adversity.

So whether you're a seasoned veteran or a newcomer to the sport, remember to embrace the journey, savor the thrill of the ride, and never give up on your dreams. The journey ahead may be filled with twists and turns, but with courage and determination, anything is possible.

• Like 1

We don't deserve you 👑

I'm doing my best to read between the lines and determine if you are recovering from injury and this is a...

1. 350thumper Beginner ride (AKA "I thought I was intermediate!") = Up to 60% Zubb 3

2. 350thumper Intermediate ride (AKA "The Reality Check") = Zubb 3 MINIMUM, up to 30% Zubb Death

3. A legitimate 350thumper "Long and Hard" ride (AKA "No Noobs and No Lube" AKA "Fill out yer wills and take yer pills") = INSTANT ZUBB DEATH FOR ALL WHO PUSH THE STARTER BUTTON

• Like 1

This ride is legit.

It ain't begginner, it's more like intermediate reality check. 

I'll have a gurney on stand by and notify the hospital ER in advance before the ride so they're ready with the morphine.

• Haha 1

Sorry I missed, hope it was fun. I kept it nice and safe and did 30 miles of McCain single track and boulder hoppin (AKA 350thumper warmup)