dirt dame

Old school DS ride up in my neighborhood....

These two guys have a goofy adventure on 50 year old enduro bikes, since 90 percent of the roads up here in Wyoming are not paved.

Edited by dirt dame
  • Like 2

I recently picked up an older Honda, would be fun to take it out on something like this.  I think I would be okay to ride some pavement if I had to.  

• Like 1

I can't remember how many I had in my younger days.

Yamaha DT250, DT50, XT500, XT550, TT600, Honda XL185, XL500, XL600RV and the 2stroke KTM'S

• Like 2

My first bike was an HT1, was the same color as the DT in the video.  Because I had that bike, I knew what was going to happen to it when it hit all that mud.  The front wheel got locked up and I fell down on my HT, the first time I rode it in mud too.😂

• Like 2

The video makes me miss my 1970 RT1 Yamaha Enduro.☹️

D90E1BC1-3678-4D2D-A40A-0BBE25285928.jpeg

Edited by ThumperBob
  • Like 1

Loved them both. I rode the Enduro all over San Diego county. A few trips out to Borrego Springs and back.😁

Edited by ThumperBob
  • Like 2

They were the genesis of todays Adv bike movement. I miss the economy and the simplicity of those days. 
…. Right up until I sling a leg over my 1250. 😂

Here’s my dad Adventure riding his Yamaha 80 across Idaho. 
F00E927A-0903-4852-8234-B3F68C1FE348.thumb.jpeg.d0936804d6d71d24da30ea4e678c5635.jpeg

I really enjoyed that movie.  Half expected @tntmo to make a guest appearance in the middle of that snow storm and rescue them with a stick of chewing gum and a shoelace. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I felt so bad for them having to give up on the fix in the field and load up the bikes on the truck.  Still....they crossed the entire state on those old bikes, very impressive.  

• Like 1

I know!!

I was surprised the truck bailed out. WTH?!  Granted, I've not 4WD'd mud like that.  But I have ridden it in Colorado.  I pushed the locked up front wheel for awhile in spite of it, but that didn't last too long. Too slick to put a foot down and hold the bike.  Had to get in a rut and stay in it to just stay on the trail.  We quickly tired of that game and picked out way back out.

Did a simple 180, like a slow motion overweight ballerina . . .

5EAC4B4B-9683-4DBB-BE7B-C05E116F3C5B.thumb.JPG.43a051aebc855196342fbace842e5d93.JPG

No getting out of there until that fender was removed.  Mud packed up in there like concrete.

624B5FB5-0ADB-45D3-8D78-C8986DCD7377.thumb.JPG.6aa01d4850f4d66c6f526a955635a1ac.JPG

• Like 2