aaronq

Back home after 30 years away

Thanks for the add to the site!  Looking forward to the adventures to come!

We just moved back to SD after being gone for 30 years...my parents are in need of help as they get up there in age and it was time to give back to them for all they gave for us.  We are in Chula Vista near the Southwestern College.

The military took me to Germany for 4 years back in the early '90s.  I ended up stationed in Colorado in '97 and just moved back home to San Diego last summer.  Before we moved, I sold off a lot of stuff to make the move easier.  Among that stuff were 2 of my 3 bikes,  '02 Harley FXDX and '94 BMW R1100GS, the one left is an '83 Honda VT500 Ascot that needs some help but I love the little thing...  Knowing I was going to need a replacement bike, especially if work decided to have us do the "office commute" again, I started looking at new and used about 3 months ago.  I knew I wanted something smaller than my GS but not too small that I couldn't run up the coast on it to visit family.  

Short story long...I picked up a 2023 Yamaha Tenere 700 a couple weeks ago and am currently working through the brake-in miles. 

This past weekend I met up with a group from this site for some trail riding. Thanks for letting me tag along!!!  I had such a blast but learned real quick that these trails are NOT the same as the forest service roads I am used to back in CO... I have a few recommendations for off-road courses that I am looking into.

The day I bought the T7

T7New.jpeg.cf36593c84e69838345ce011c42c5f4f.jpeg

Ride this past Sunday out near Jamul

IMG_0954.thumb.jpeg.43f8c80790adf56ef4cb6901bb6cf20f.jpegIMG_0958.thumb.jpeg.62a04f2e5e2eaa2a5e232138ffc29790.jpegIMG_0960.thumb.jpeg.8d2b9a2905903ee4d7d25a0cc949de93.jpegIMG_0961.thumb.jpeg.6d64b3bf29a0d42266c41fcd7cdf14f6.jpeg 

• Like 5

Nice to meet you, you did great on that T7.  See you on the next ride hopefully.  

• Like 1

Welcome back!  and I hope mom and dad are well.  Many of us are going through this chapter in life with you, with our own parents.

That T7 is such a good looking bike.  

I moved here from Silverthorne about 17 years ago and while I often wish I was living there again to ride those spectacular mountains... I prefer waking up to palm trees everyday now.  What's great is that it's really not too far still to get to when you want.  For this chapter of my life I am digging being right across the border from Baja and all it's wonders.

Looking forward to riding with you sometime.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I moved here from Silverthorne about 17 years ago 

I moved here from Oregon in 2001, and haven’t found my way back for good yet either, despite loving my home state :) 

• Like 2