DoubleD

Otay Truck Trail Sun 2/5 @9am

Going to head up Otay Truck Trail Sunday Feb 5th. Leaving at 9am from TBD location. Looking to explore and try some of the trail offshoots ….and meet some new riders :) 

‘14 KTM 500 EXCF with DOT knobbies

PS I’m new to the forum. First time setting up a ride.

EDIT: 

Let’s do Salt Creek Recreation Center

2710 Otay Lakes Rd, Chula Vista, CA 91915

Edited by DoubleD
Added location
  • Like 3

You're doing just fine.  Thanks for posting!

Once you determine a location,  let me know, I'll put it on the caleand FB Group.

Hi there! Thank you for inviting me to join the Otay Truck Trail ride on Sunday, Feb 5th. I'd love to come along and explore the trail offshoots with you all. I am a beginner level rider and thoroughly enjoy that area, it would be a great opportunity for me to improve my skills. May I ask where the staging location will be? Looking forward to meeting you and the other new riders.

@DoubleD, great to meet you and thank you for being proactive.  For no other reason than that, I'd be there to support you but I'm nursing a self-inflicted collarbone break for the next few months.

The best I can come up with is kudos to you and I'll ride with you soon :)

@350thumper
Let’s do Salt Creek Recreation Center

2710 Otay Lakes Rd, Chula Vista, CA 91915

@moto_rph

Thanks for the support. Question, why did you choose to break the collar bone? Lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DoubleD said:

@moto_rph

Thanks for the support. Question, why did you choose to break the collar bone? Lol

Because it's better than a femur or tib/fib?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Because it's better than a femur or tib/fib?

Did you get your labia healed up or whatever it was that you broke?

you guys are killing me!  

I'm still getting used to having titanium in my shoulder.  Ortho says not to pick up anything heavier than a cup of coffee.  I think he means NO RIDING :)

I was all @shutterrev fault.  I started hot dogging and decided to pass him out on Grapevine/Old Culp....200 yards later, I was down!

First bone I've ever broken...hopefully the last.  I won't see you on the trails till May(ish)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moto_rph said:

I started hot dogging

I specifically remember you saying something like "Alright, I need to stretch her legs" or something like that, I think you were visited by uncle Murphy - happens to us all sooner or later! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

Did you get your labia healed up or whatever it was that you broke?

It was nothing that a little hardware implant couldn't rectify.  I'm blaming that for my weight gain.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shutterrev said:

I specifically remember you saying something like "Alright, I need to stretch her legs" or something like that, I think you were visited by uncle Murphy - happens to us all sooner or later! 

I resemble that remark :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, moto_rph said:

you guys are killing me!  

I'm still getting used to having titanium in my shoulder. 

Titanium??!!

And all I got was a cheap ol Stainless Steel plate.  I was going to send it out to have a BMW logo laser engraved on it but the surgeon was in too dam much of a hurry.  I guess I'll have to just get the tattoo instead.

• Like 1

You guys are hilarious..

If I may introduce myself, Im Jose from east Chula Vista and would be great to meet and hopefully join some of the events posted on this site.

If its not a problem I would like to tag along on your Sunday ride, 2710 Otay Lakes Rd, Chula Vista, CA 91915 at 9am sounds perfect, I live up the street.

Jose

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 11:27 AM, KTMrad said:

Once you determine a location,  let me know, I'll put it on the caleand FB Group.

Yeah, I would think twice that offer!  It will turn into a KTM single track ride I'd guess.  Not sure who this dude is but lacks respect for the O.P. 🙄

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jlburgess said:

Yeah, I would think twice that offer!  It will turn into a KTM single track ride I'd guess.  Not sure who this dude is but lacks respect for the O.P. 🙄

I would love it if someone tried turning one of my rides into a ktm single-track ride.

I hear you Jlb but I don't understand .

Are you saying DoubleD likes single track?

Or are you saying you don't know who ktmrad is?

Ktmrad is the dude that is helping you get together with all your riding buddies and form awesome new rides. He developed this site from just a passion that he has for adv and getting riders together and sharing information.  You should pm ktmrad and get to know him a little bit.  He is a very fair man.  I'm sure he would help you out with the whatever is happening if you brought it to him.

I haven't met Double D yet but he sounds fun if he turns rides into ktm single-track rides. Those are some of my more fav rides.

Maybe post on the initial thread you have , "no ktm single track riders"  so they know that you just wanna chill and ride easy .

Jmho.

Hope it gets cleared up for you.

Edited by 350thumper

^^^^^ I think you missed the point.  But, yeh we should all get together more and become actual friends and not just keyboard buddies.  Nothing like a good coffee and donut, or icey cold beer face to face to get to know your community.  Great suggestion 3fiddy.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Zubb said:

^^^^^ I think you missed the point.  But, yeh we should all get together more and become actual friends and not just keyboard buddies.

OK Kelly.  I can read between lines . You really want to see me at majors. I'll do my best.. 

Probly won't bring old red because it only goes 60 mph on the street..

• Like 1

There’s always Uber. And I’m not gonna ride you b*tch unless you are injured. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My back does kinda hurt a little bit. 

I'm out work got on the way. 

Looks like I'm out for the ride.

I just saw where it was on the map and it's on the other side of the lake and I can't find an Uber that will throw my bike in the back.