tntmo

Wanted: 17" rear tire (DR650 or KLR650 sized)

I just picked up a 40 year old bike with a 20 year old tire.  As I work the bugs out I'd like to try to save a few bucks until I get it dialed in. 

If anyone has a good used  17" rear tire in 120-130 size that's from this decade I'd take it off your hands.  I had one in my rafters for a few years and gave it away a while back, ain't that how it always goes?! 

I doubt you'd get a 170/60 17 to fit, but you are welcome to it and the 19" front.  Anakee 3's with about 1,000 miles on them.  Maybe you could make a  real "fatty" with it.

Edited by Zubb
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I doubt you'd get a 170/60 17 to fit, but you are welcome to it and the 19" front.  Anakee 3's with about 1,000 miles on them.  Maybe you could make a  real "fatty" with it.

No, don't believe I can make that fit but maybe I could split the swingarm and add a few inches of width to it.  Thanks anyway, you're welcome to ride the vintage bike when I get it going.  

Will take you up on that. 👌

@tntmo I have a stack of take-offs from mine & friend's bikes in my back yard, but all of the 17's will be minimum 150, sadly 😪 But for others I have assorted rear and fronts for 17/19/21" in regular adv sizes if you need a well used set to tide you over till the next fresh one :)

• Like 1