Sign in to follow this  
Goofy Footer

YZilla YZ500 2 Stroke

I saw that a little while back and as a yz250 owner I feel This much money would be best invested elsewhere (wide ration transmission for instance, if like me you ride trails or desert). But maybe I’m the wrong guy to chim in since it doesn’t take much to make me happy. Love this thing!

81A53135-1D82-4D63-8FE3-2F5EC8752E7D.jpeg

• Like 1

I sent this to you a long time ago!  Pretty cool but it’s more money than I want to spend on something that is too powerful for me anyway.  I’m better suited for a 125!

1 hour ago, Goofy Footer said:

@Mr.JAJA I thought you'd enjoy this build, take a look

@tntmo and @kato you've both built motors, what do you guys think of this!

30 years ago I would ride it. Today a 50 CCM makes me happy. Or anything I would ride. 

• Like 1

YZ250 the do all machine 99% of riders need nothing more to kick their arse in the name of power. I've recently built up 2 offroad steel framers (early 2000s models). 18in rear wheel, FMF Gnarly with appropriate silencer (TC-2 or PC), Steahly FWW mid weight, stock gearing remains add some handguards , proper carb spec, V Force 3 reeds (or 4 if its a new one). Suspension for off road and good to go. Just such a great package. The new YZ250X is an absolute beauty that for 99% needs zero!!!! maybe just some springs for weight of rider match..

Edited by robertaccio
  • Like 1

BTW SA born Neville Bradshaw is a beast on any bike. But he shines on big 2 strokes and vintage 2 strokes.

16 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

proper carb spec

make my beloved steelie even happier plz

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kato said:

make my beloved steelie even happier plz

bike details MY model year/ altitude/ what you mix / plug type / pipe/silencer/reeds. motor somewhat fresh or worn out..... so many folks chase jets on worn out engines got to have a good solid baseline. I have safe and bullet proof set up tips. Also suspension? wheels, mousses? Carb jet block oring/sealring replaced?

Edited by robertaccio