Dum questions here from a limited rider. Since I am to handicapped to ride a bike and do the BDR, is there anything to keep me doing it in a Jeep. I know Yuma - Blybe is  no problem, but what about the mountain sections? I have to think about other option to keep me going and plane something to keep me positive.  So the Jeep can take, tent, sleeping gear, food, medication, fuel and some warm clothes should get me there. I  would take my inreach activated, just in case. Are there any sections to narrow for a Jeep? Gates passable for bikes only? 

The COBDR is jeepable. Saw them often. Same for the WABDR. I have no personal experience with CA or AZ yet but suspect most or all BDR’s are Jeep friendly. 

Aren’t all BDR’s just public dirt roads/trails?  I would imagine they are all passable by 4x4.

• Like 1

On all the BDR’s I’ve done 4X4’s are fine. There was just one section in Idaho that had a motorcycle only section. Pretty sure there was an easy go around. I’ll probably take my wife on a few sections of some BDR’s in the near future in my new off-road rig.

CiD

• Like 2

That what I  thought.  I  will  have my wife on a dude ranch and I will go on a Jeep drive.

• Like 1

Low to mid-low technical difficulties is what the BDRs are all about. These are older Jeep sections strung together from routes that existed far before the BRDs were ever born. 
Might suggest running with a partner since your level of handicap may need assistance if you were to get into a bind. Mother Nature then logistics are the toughest obstacles of all the BDRs. 
have fun, be safe!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not only is it jeepable, it might even be fun in a Jeep. Although it will obviously take much longer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Oracle said:

Not only is it jeepable, it might even be fun in a Jeep. Although it will obviously take much longer.

Yes I  agree, but I would be out there and have some fun.

• Like 1