cmbthumper

12/23/22 Ride with Dad

Grabbed the Old Man for a quick ride today from Ramona through Sunrise Hwy, Alpine then back home through Cuyamaca before i do some last minute gift shopping. Wore my street helmet as my Bell MX-9 Adventure is crazy loud after 65mph even with earplugs so no video just a few cell phone pics. Gave the barista at the coffee joint a big tip aka X-mas present.

Ride safe and enjoy the holidays

20221223_100851.thumb.jpg.1b7ee6e64b373dc301c0ca88a9d76957.jpg

20221223_110246.thumb.jpg.800edf69e053cfe2a85e56167bff712c.jpg

Edited by cmbthumper
  • Like 6

We past each other on the 78 as I was going east and you were going west, right near the entrance for the Santa Ysabel Preserve hiking trail....small world. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah I waved to a rider in that area. What a beautiful weather day it was. I don't have cold weather riding gear so it was borderline cold. Hope you had a safe ride.

I'm a cheap bastard so trying Locus Maps on my phone before doing research on dedicated GPS units.

It says a GPX file was created but not sure if it shows up here.

2022-12-23_09-32.gpx

How cute was the barista?

Glad to hear you got out with dad. 

Great job. 👍 

• Like 1

🙃So wanted to get out today but finished up Christmas stuff. I may do a spontaneous day ride next week from Ramona. I should probably check Rodriquez as I’ve heard the sand at the bottom is unusually tricky. Maybe down Mason, up Rodriguez. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

How cute was the barista?

Glad to hear you got out with dad. 

Great job. 👍 

No idea really. Good coffee though

Me too. All i asked is if he wanted to go get coffee before i finished my shopping.

30 minutes ago, Zubb said:

🙃So wanted to get out today but finished up Christmas stuff. I may do a spontaneous day ride next week from Ramona. I should probably check Rodriquez as I’ve heard the sand at the bottom is unusually tricky. Maybe down Mason, up Rodriguez. 

I played a trick on the old man figuring i would have a clearer head for dealing with the other late shoppers.

Any day but Mon or Fri i am down for that road but not ready with the Big Bike yet as i am still slow dancing with her.