padu

Ducati Desert X - Tank Removal and Air Filter cleanup

I've decided to take the plunge and remove the fuel tank to clean my air filter. I've made a video documenting the process. I'm not a qualified or proficient mechanic, but hopefully, if you are thinking about removing the tank, you will be able to get an idea of the steps involved. Thanks for watching.

• Like 2

Really nice quality video, like the intro and music etc... Videos like this are great for the community @padu I'm sure someone out there will be using this shortly to check their filter!

8 hours ago, shutterrev said:

Really nice quality video, like the intro and music etc... Videos like this are great for the community @padu I'm sure someone out there will be using this shortly to check their filter!

Thank you! Very encouraging comment. I made the video because I couldn't find anything online. Hopefully it helps someone.

I knew my filter would be dirty, but the amount of sand and dust coming out of the filter really surprised me!

• Like 1

great video,  I am sure an owner of the bike would be extremely thankful for that.  It very well made.  

It's crazy how much work that is.  I owned a Ducati 1098 and that bike was so easy to work on.  

• Like 1