Thinking about riding Jasper/Grapevine Sunday morning. Anyone interested in joining? 

11 minutes ago, Pokey151 said:

What is jasper/grapevine?  I do not know many trail names

@Pokey151 Grapevine Canyon is in Anza Borrego Desert State Park and it connects Hwy 78 north towards Ranchita on S22 or you can take Jasper towards Culp Valley and connect with S22 farther East near Montezuma Grade.

Superb riding, Low Intermediate trail, street legal only, there are sometimes hikers / jeeps.

• Like 1

I'm horrible with trail names, I always want to see a map because half the time I don't know what trails people here are talking about. I believe they're talking about the highlighted route below. Very scenic and fun ride.
image.thumb.png.05e5baee9370548329b39f60a4142e21.png

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bfar33 said:

I'm horrible with trail names, I always want to see a map because half the time I don't know what trails people here are talking about. I believe they're talking about the highlighted route below. Very scenic and fun ride.
image.thumb.png.05e5baee9370548329b39f60a4142e21.png

Nailed it. That’s the route. So who’s riding with @ECDave on Sunday?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

Nailed it. That’s the route. So who’s riding with @ECDave on Sunday?

Goofy Footer,  How many more weeks till you are putting on noob rides ? I know your throttle hand has to be itching . 

It would be great to have another rider posting up rides

11 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

What is jasper/grapevine?  I do not know many trail names

I think youd enjoy this , specially since your from north of the 78. 

13 hours ago, ECDave said:

Thinking about riding Jasper/Grapevine Sunday morning. Anyone interested in joining? 

Dave if you don't link up with another rider ,  use your route to link up with us near Borrego Sunday. It would be Fun to have you along. 

I promise no steep slope leading to a 4 foot vertical  this time. We will be near Borrego Mountain around 10ish.

10 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Very scenic and fun ride.

Temps are lower Sunday which should be nice.. . I'll probly dress in layers .

• Like 1

Darren, I thought about going on your ride - looks like a good one. I dont have the whole day to dedicate to a ride so I thought this one would be a quickee. I plan to ride with you some more soon.

• Like 1

Oh, ok I know that route, I’ve done it twice on my 790.   I’d like to take the 500.  I have a 3 gal tank, if I top off in Julian, I should have enough range right?

I am in for this but as an FYI I have a small chance on flaking due to my sick dog.   He has seizure’s. He has them usually once in a 1-2 month span, he had one last Sunday so history shows we should be fine but the last 2 days he has been acting weird so we are on high alert

• Like 1

yes 701 for sure! meet at the Ramona coffee spot formerly know as Packards at 9 am. ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

Oh, ok I know that route, I’ve done it twice on my 790.   I’d like to take the 500.  I have a 3 gal tank, if I top off in Julian, I should have enough range right?

I am in for this but as an FYI I have a small chance on flaking due to my sick dog.   He has seizure’s. He has them usually once in a 1-2 month span, he had one last Sunday so history shows we should be fine but the last 2 days he has been acting weird so we are on high alert

Not a problem with gas, I carry a little extra. Meet at formerly Packards at 9 am?

• Like 1

Good ride today.  It was nice to get some seat time on the 500, I am liking that bike

• Like 1