Sign in to follow this  
Goofy Footer

91,000 miles on a DR650

91,000 mile review on a DR650 this thing looks great for the miles.

He runs FANCY motul oil and is from Minnesota --  @tntmo converted to Motorex exclusively, what is up with this MN boys and gucci oil ??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Goofy Footer said:

He runs FANCY motul oil and is from Minnesota --  @tntmo converted to Motorex exclusively, what is up with this MN boys and gucci oil ??

You know I told you that I just raided the dumpster behind the KTM shop for empty Motorex bottles and filled them with Rotella.  

Just like how I filled an empty Belvedere bottle with Von’s plastic bottle $7.99 vodka and my buddy raved about how smooth the fancy stuff was.  I told him the next time he visited, then all of a sudden it was rot gut liquor.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tntmo said:

You know I told you that I just raided the dumpster behind the KTM shop for empty Motorex bottles and filled them with Rotella.  

The residual Motorex that clings to the sidewalls of the bottle provides enough protection to save your KTM 690 from Rotella Rot - it's THAT GOOD

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, DSM8 said:

Two words

Ams Oil

nothing else compares 

I have given them the benefit of the doubt three times. Once in my FZ09, then in a very modded Chevy Silverado, and then in my YZ450. Each time, they produced a distinct noise or performance issue. Clutch chatter on the FZ09, valve train noise on the Silverado, and upper end noise on my YZ450. Never again.

Now I run Yamalube in all things two-wheeled, and Castrol in everything four-wheeled that is gas powered.

Oh great, we started an oil thread!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, tntmo said:

Oh great, we started an oil thread!  

Whoops. Lol

Trigger me timbers, the hype around that oil got to me.

Back to the original subject, 91K on anything Suzuki is impressive! But a big underpowered single is going to be the ticket. I had 28K on a DR350 and you can still see the crosshatchings when I did its first top end.

• Like 2

I heard a rumor that after @tntmo watched this video he too switched to Motul 7100 on his Rally Bike!

This guy is lucky to use ethanol free gas, he doesn’t like the “corn fuel” 

• Like 1

And for those who haven’t seen this video, he has a great attitude on riding. He’s put 85k miles on that bike all across North America. A lot of fun on a simple machine!

• Like 1