KTMrad

Looking for House or Room to Rent plus Temporary Storage for My Bike and Sidecar

To my San Diego friends....networking always seems best...

Looking for temporary or long term housing,  whether it be a room for rent or a house, in San Diego or East County. Also a temporary place to store our BMW 1150GS and sidecar, the bike is separated from the sidecar so it's in 2 pieces now. We are coming back to SD around December 7th, give or take a couple of days. Can anyone help us out ?  It's my dog Doc Holliday and I...many of you know Doc, he's a great, mellow, well behaved dog who gets along with other dogs. I have excellent references for my dog and from previous landlords. 

If we find a house to rent, I need a garage or somewhere for my bikes, I'll be putting my other 2 bikes back on the road. 

I'll also be looking for an economical, reliable car in the $2000 to $5000 range.

Unfortunately I've had to make the very difficult decision of terminating our trip thru Mexico, Central and South America. I've had more bike issues and my trip finances are running extremely low, so this is the best decision at this time. My previous employer has an opening for me and made me an offer that's hard to pass up which made this decision a little easier.

On a side note, Doc will go to work with me everyday and get to play with his best bud Spencer (boss's dog). I am looking at the bright side of things, and we will still continue to do smaller trips with the sidecar rig.

Another tidbit of info...Doc has now ridden almost  40,000 miles in his sidecar.

Eventually, maybe a few years down the road, the adventure will continue, most likely without a sidecar rig and on a different bike.

KTMrad - SDAR Founder and President 

20221122_135133.jpg

20221116_143503.jpg

FB_IMG_1668481130279.jpg

Edited by KTMrad
  • Agree 1

Lodging in this town has been frighteningly tight for a long time. Wish I could help, best of luck in your search. 

• Like 1

December 9, 2022

Yeehaw !! I found a place to live within 4 days of getting back to town, and it's about 8 minutes from work. Got a master bedroom/bath for a reasonable price in a house to share.
No garage, but I can live with this situation for now, until maybe something better comes up in the future.
This is better than paying $700 a week for a motel room.
There's another younger dog there, so Doc will have a buddy to play with. 

After I get my 950 Adventure back on the road, I plan on putting on rides here

KTMrad - SDAR President & Founder

Edited by KTMrad
  • Like 2