Great ride.  Bob is an experienced rider with awesome leading capabilities. He's good in the sand,  busts out wheelies every once in a while and comes prepared. I really enjoyed his company on this ride.  We found the silt beds about hour into the ride.  The silt b3ds are dangerous . You'll know when your in silt beds because they cause a lot of abnormal dust. If you encounter these it's best to slow down to first or second gear and slowly wallow your way out .it's hard to see what's underneath . I'm talking about it now so you can avoid this lvl 4 road hazard. Below is a Pic of the silt bed along pain road.

As you can see the powder like silt is very deceiving.

Here's me standing point as any fellow rider would do , guarding the KTM of a fell rider and arranging pick up to make sure it gets home safely.

I got over to Toms camp where they were practicing shenanigans like roosting each others faces and racing up steep blo-sand hill in competitions.

Thankyou TMT and Kato and No step for the generous hospitality I felt welcomed, they took me in warming my heart a couple centigrade. 

I headed home after 230 b3cause I know it gets chili at night. On the route home I took Fish Creek toward Mud Caves.

Here's a pic of Arroyo Seca Del Diablo. You can study the geological tectonic plates or just rest here.  Phone reception was good.

I found this prehistoric fossilized art work of a mother holding her baby at Arroyo Seca.

Here im standing at Vallecito Creek for those that aren't familiar with this route looking into Canyon Sin Nombre

The sun started to hide behind the mountain and the canyons lit up .

Stopped to smell the roses in Sin Nombre I had time before it got cold. It was 4 pm.

Crossed over the highway to hit West Dolemite Trail .  I was racing the Sun thru the sand washes as it excentuated the mountain tops and saw me home safely. Got home at 5pm,120 awesome miles...

Thanks for getting me out Bob.. and get well soon .

Edited by 350thumper
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

Which line up Borrego DropOff did you take? 

How were the moguls uphill?

Oh man the moment I got to the drop the sun was shining in my eye and made me blind so I closed my eyes and just rolled on the throttle

I made it halfway up the right line, lost my momentum. Slid down backwards using my front tire as an anchor. 

Eyeballed  the middle line and saw lvl4 was like. " that ain't happnin ".  

So I bailed out after riding backwards and went over to left. I had to punch it and hold on for dear life.  Almost made it to the top and a mogul caught me but at least it could see so I rolled back an inch and hit it,  using the proper clutch technique. I was in the zone. Made it over the top and felt the testosterone cycling thru my veins . It was at that moment I realized I could conquer anything.

20221119_162004.thumb.jpg.b5dac24cdb92a79b2d4be2123fa0d764.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1