Bubbagums

Plaster City to the Cove and back.

Saturday 11/19/22 .    Start Plaster City East.   9 am ksu.   Easy pace to Ocotillo Wells with plans to do donuts in Tom's camp.  Return to Plaster City by 2 pm.    Route is sand with deep sand mixed in.   All welcome.

bob 

Hello Bob,    i would like to tag along on this ride. I'm in...

Did you wanna meet at the shade structure?

I usually park a couple of hundred yards off Evan Hewes.   A little over 1 mile east of the plant.

pc pic.png

I thought that I had read that you were bringing donuts to my camp.  After reading this again, I am highly disappointed.  

• Haha 1

We got an emergency out here . 😪 

If anybody can come get bobs bike. We called 911 he hit level 4 silt beds. He's headed to the hospital broken ankle.

• Sad 1

DM me. We can figure this out. 

@tntmo is in OW with a SXS and I can haul it back to SD. Today if we can extract it to camp.

• Agree 1

oh man, that sucks!  

Let me know if you need a truck and ramp.

Kelly 619-792-4368

• Like 1

Bike is rescued.  Bob is rescued.  Beers are about to be consumed.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Yeeeeowch! Hope you at least had a scenic helicopter ride Bob. Cheers to a fast and full recovery!

• Like 2

Thanks for the rescue.  Hopefully I got it on video.  Spiral fracture of tibia.  How did my bike run?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubbagums said:

Thanks for the rescue.  Hopefully I got it on video.  Spiral fracture of tibia.  How did my bike run?

It’s stuck on the shore of the Salton Sea, sorry!  Gotta charge your GoPro to see if you got footage 

• Like 1

Bob I carried on your dream and did donuts in their camp. Dusted out everyone for you. 👍 

Screenshot_20221119-180736_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ad1a60797d1ccc52773a41e1de1eedb9.jpg

Here's some flowers for your hospital bed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bubbagums said:

Yikes! Spiral fractures = no joke!!!!

1 hour ago, 350thumper said:

Bob I carried on your dream and did donuts in their camp. Dusted out everyone for you. 👍 

Screenshot_20221119-180736_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ad1a60797d1ccc52773a41e1de1eedb9.jpg

Here's some flowers for your hospital bed.

Well played sir. 

• Like 1

Damn....hate to hear when someone gets injured.    What a great group of folks coming together to get the bike.

Silt....  about as fun as mud is. 

I was about to ride the Rhino down to get the bike, but instead Andy’s wife Liz volunteered to take their pickup.  Probably saved time.  She wasn’t keen on driving back out by herself so we loaded the bike up.  

I will bring it to my place and start disassembling it so Bob will have something to do while he’s healing up!  

Darren was enjoying the ride to camp, got him some food and rode around a bit.  Not great to get hurt, but glad it’s going as well as it can.

6DCE9EA5-B992-4676-9D0B-B42151A775D4.jpeg

55F81D7D-99F3-4E6C-9D80-80565D2FCD5B.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bubbagums said:

Bummer Bob.

I hope you heal quickly.

I was there yesterday with Sedlak Offroad School doing a desert class (on the dirt bike though). It was my first time riding the desert properly and we had so much fun. I'm starring to understand how vast is the desert and the off-roading possibilities for us here in SoCal.

• Added To My Bucket List 1

Wait a minute... hold the phone!..... people pay for that.?

This whole time I've been doing it for free.   Uh... am I retarded? 

Don't answer that.. 

I bet he didn't show you the 350thumper technique of how to close your eyes, roll on the throttle then ride backwards.

I guess he's saving that for the advanced classes. 

OK I'll find out where he advertizes then cut his price in half so I can afford a new rear tire

Thanks padu..

I might have to give you my take offs, want to see the roost action when you’re not running desert slicks. 

• Like 1