moto_rph

Bike Swap Sunday....11/20

OK, I have had entirely enough of this Covid BS and I need something to look forward to.   This weekend, how about "Bike Swap Sunday".  @J5ive is jonesin to buy a skinny bike and wants to try out some samples.  So far, I have my KTM 500 for him.  Here's the plan:

• Meet at Dunkin Donuts in Ramona at 8:30 (if you want a donut/coffee).  Sunday, 11/20
  • KSU at 9:00am
  • We can head up 7th or Magnolia and dive into Sutherland Dam and Black Mtn (aka Piney Top)

I know @tntmo has his overnighter on the 19th, but there are some of us that can't obligate to the whole weekend (holiday stuff).  I'm leaving for Oakland on Monday (for Thanksgiving break), but I can squeeze in this little ride ...

Also, you ADV bikes come along....maybe you'll want to try something different :)

We've never tried something like this before....come on out, but be flexible!

• Like 4

I wish.  But I'm suffering from responsibility overload this weekend.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I wish.  But I'm suffering from responsibility overload this weekend.

If you sit quietly for awhile, that feeling may pass....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A possible maybe on the 990 have to see what happens on Saturday.

Location of meetup:
Dunkin
1410 Main St, Ramona, CA 92065

• Like 1

I plan on being there.    Dunkin Donuts on Sunday morning at "O" dark thirty - I mean 8:30 in the AM

• Like 1

Can't make it.  Swamped with work and other stuff with Tgiving coming up.    If I do escape it'll be for a short knees in the breeze for my sanity. 

You guys have fun!

• Sad 1

I will be back home around noon from the desert.  Stop by if you like.

525 dead

990 no start

rode out on 1290 to at least get some miles in

then went home and still cant figure out wtf is going on with the 525

Gonna sideline it for two weeks

• Confused 1

I’m,…… can you spell K…T…. Um, what was that last letter again?

just kidding.

not really. 
actually?

No. I’m kidding. And heavily outnumbered here. 8-)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I’m,…… can you spell K…T…. Um, what was that last letter again?

just kidding.

not really. 
actually?

No. I’m kidding. And heavily outnumbered here. 8-)

This attitude from the BMW guy who didn't even show up!  :torch:

I know. The snobbery runs deep. 

• Haha 1

Any dates for the next one as i am looking for my next ride to buy. 

Looking at in order:

Honda Africa Twin (Jesse and I are swapping bikes 1st or 2nd week in Dec)

2019-Present KTM 690 Enduro or SMR

2018-Present Husqvarna 701 Enduro or SMR

Honda XR650L (Had the 250, 400, 600 x2 and 650R so i basically get what it would be like to ride)

Suzuki DR650

Yamaha WR250R

Honda CRF300L

Suzuki DRZ400 S or SM (I have an 01' DRZE and love it but registered in AZ that expires next year and i don't live there so...)

Kawasaki KLX300 or 250

Yamaha Tenere 700 (They don't exist in America so on the bottom of the list. I hope one of those Gray market ones come available someday)

• Like 1

Damn, didn’t know we could make a shopping list!  Ok, let me think…

Honda NR750

1951 Vincent Black Shadow

1942 Harley WLA

Suzuki RG500 Gamma

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, tntmo said:

Damn, didn’t know we could make a shopping list!  Ok, let me think…

Honda NR750

1951 Vincent Black Shadow

1942 Harley WLA

Suzuki RG500 Gamma

always wanted a black Norton Commando with the pea shooters exhaust.  I haven't seen a single one on the trail :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moto_rph said:

always wanted a black Norton Commando with the pea shooters exhaust.  I haven't seen a single one on the trail :)

When I win the lottery I will get two, put knobby tires on them and you’ll be my guest.  

7 minutes ago, tntmo said:

When I win the lottery I will get two, put knobby tires on them and you’ll be my guest.  

u da man!

• Like 1

@cmbthumper that's some shopping list, reads like a who's who...  I guess I should hide my Tenere 700.🤣

Me, I'd like a 1958 HD Panhead or a 1976 HD Shovelhead.

But, I'd love to throw a leg over @tntmo 1951 Vincent Black Shadow for a ride, I was able to sit on one, but didn't get to ride it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, J5ive said:

@cmbthumper that's some shopping list, reads like a who's who...  I guess I should hide my Tenere 700.🤣

Gotta have options right. Once my research is generally done my lists you can usually just throw a dart and id be happy to own it.

Appreciate the offer but I would never ask to ride your T7. If i liked it i would get Lorena Bobbitt'd for spending more than i should.

• Haha 1

When is the next bike swap happening? Anybody have the below i can rent or try out?

My Dad gave up his Dirt riding helmet on his last ride. Comments like "Too fast, Too Tall and Things Happen Too Quickly" stuck in my head. I refuse to give up on him because he just about keeps pace with me on the street in Sumo format, on my VFR or my 1090. Kidding but he is not that far behind. 

Years ago I sold my him my DRZ (in the For Sale section) for $1 on Fathers Day so he couldn't back out of joining me from time to time and using his normal excuse of $$. So, i decided to give him another bike on Fathers Day but with a twist so he really can't use the words "Fast, Tall, Quickly or i don't want to slow you down or always make you feel like you have to wait for me".  If we are on similar bikes then the mental part will help.

What i am looking for is the below low and slow bikes. Both can be the same or a combo. One for me and One for Pops. Newer the better. I haven't ridden any of these but i know what will work for my dad. 

2001-Present Yamaha TW200 ** Always wanted one of these

2017-Present Suzuki Van Van

2013-Present Yamaha XT250

2021 Honda Trail 125

Any Honda CT110 but a 1980

I have things to trade like a 01' Suzuki DRZ400E, 08' KTM 950 SE, 74' Yamaha RS100, 01' Honda VFR and if really needed my 07' KTM 450EXC.

• Like 3

Well I have my parts bin Trail 90, same basic thing as a 110 (better because mine is a 125) and my buddy has my older model TW200…nothing has changed on those since the 80’s except for the disc front brake.  Could arrange use of either if you want 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 12:36 PM, moto_rph said:

My earliest memory was putting down the driveway on my dad's lap on his 1975 Norton commando 850 electric start. The addiction started early... Lol

IMG_20151206_210651248_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Haha!

I wish I could find the pic of my son at the same age, after he rolled over and started gumming the chain on my Suzuki RM 400...

Black from ear to ear :)

• Like 1