Tired of trail closures in your area?

Experiance freedom with 150 miles of trailblazing..

Sunday

2 gas stations 1 diner.

Zubb lvl 2 off-highway terrain.

• Put This On The Calendar 1

Route includes:

ABDSP

Great Southern Overland Stage Route

Domeland Trail

Fish Creek Campground

Doz Cabeza 

Sandstone Canyon

The Sand Bar

Wind Caves

Diablo Drop Off

Carrizo Overlook

Jajoba Canyon

Carrizo Gorge Trailhead

Nombre Canyon

South Carrizo Wash

East End Devils Canyon

Meet up: Chevron @ Ocotillo 10 am.

Edited by 350thumper
Broc-A-Sourus Burgers
  • Like 1

I’m thinking we need to change the Zubb level joke thing to SDAR level….maybe sticky it somewhere so it can be referenced?

It’s confusing to people who are newer here.  Kelly is famous enough, having photos published on maps and all.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

That's fine ... but sausage jokes stay .

This ride is now rated somewhere in between beginner and expert,  so...Novice level.

Must have some sand experiance.

Edited by 350thumper
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

I’m thinking we need to change the Zubb level joke thing to SDAR level….maybe sticky it somewhere so it can be referenced?

It’s confusing to people who are newer here.  Kelly is famous enough, having photos published on maps and all.  

I concur.  The question in my mind regarding this ride is, Zubb lvl2 for ADV bikes? or for DS, or dirt bikes?

The West38 scale I use is calibrated to our Levels of Classes on full size adventure bikes.  It works for W38 because we have a common language and skill set with our students coming out of each class.  It would work for small groups of riding buddies too as they know each others capabilities. There is such a vast array of bikes and skill sets here in the club that I don't know if we could create a common language. I've thought about classifying rides by 3 categories and 4 levels:

Rather than reinvent the wheel, Lets see if there's already a SDAR scale on the site here somewhere. 

• Like 1

Cool, enough tread-jacking.

What Sunday is this ride?

Awe-Snap. Here we go again ThreadJacking and Cross-Threading all up and down my awesome  dualsport ride.

Getting tag teamed by Zubb and TNT at the same time.

We're comparing sausages at this point gentleman...

On the Wood Scale of Hardness I would have to give it a North American Maple  because it doesn't have a high degree of difficulty, yet there is a hint of SILKY ASH  at one location, followed afterward by the tender underlaying subtle tones of Honduran Mohagany.

Screenshot_20221116-084439_Chrome.thumb.jpg.403fc2d7cd7388e2c8c851e0c81148a8.jpg

I'm trying to make it to the cove Saturday but my little lady is wanting me to take her off-roading in her rhino so we'll see what route we pick.

Maybe I can talk her into donuts at your camp .

Edited by 350thumper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

Awe-Snap. Here we go again ThreadJacking and Cross-Threading all up and down my awesome  dualsport ride.

Getting tag teamed by Zubb and TNT at the same time.

We're comparing sausages at this point gentleman...

On the Wood Scale of Hardness I would have to give it a North American Maple  because it doesn't have a high degree of difficulty, yet there is a hint of SILKY ASH  at one location, followed afterward by the tender underlaying subtle tones of Honduran Mohagany.

B E S T  R E P L Y  E V E R !

@Zubb if we go the wood scale you know the Balsa jokes are gonna fly...you have been warned...

@350thumper can you post some route or such none of these areas may be familiar to many people here

• Haha 1

I'm currently anubla to transfer the Renegade Route from my GPS over to the coputer mainframe due to technical difficulty.  The file tabulator is malfunctioning . I  will have better results in a couple days after my technician diagnosis the glitch in the software 😳.  

Here is a glimpse of the map to hold you over.

20221116_120213.thumb.jpg.71463ae44be65a11ce65638ab59aa808.jpg

I'll be at the Chevron in Ocotillo at 10am to meet .

Edited by 350thumper
  • Like 1

Diablo uphill will be Level 3 on anything larger than a Trials bike.  Rather moguled by the 4 wheeler dudes at the moment.

• Like 1

Just want to point out that I played absolutely no part in this thread derailment whatsoever. I would love to go on this ride but don't have the fe501 yet, would a DR650 with a mildly sore rider survive? (I'd also have a fresh d606 rear but that doesn't seem to be a requirement of yours for desert riding 😁)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lol Bagster, I'm confused now .. 😅 thought we weren't using @Zubb difficulty rating.

I was thinking even going down it would be L3 now that he's coming back from that Z4 .

Hawkins , great idea. I haven't infletrated the calendar yet, I just ride here...You are welcome to post it . I'm available.

Bfar33, it's OK to run my thread off the tracks I know they're just showing me love. Whats making you sore ?

• Like 1

Perhaps we need a 350thumper scale of difficulty. 
Hell, let’s just ride!

10 hours ago, Zubb said:

Perhaps we need a 350thumper scale of difficulty. 
Hell, let’s just ride!

I don't think he can rate his own trails, maybe someone should set up an exit survey for all participants.

Level 1: Survived and would do again
Level 2: Survived and would not ever do again
Level 3: Did not survive

Ribs are sore because I slipped on my spilled glass of Metamucil and fell down some stairs, landing on my life-alert necklace. Think I'll sit this one out and give 'em another week to heal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Level 1: Survived and would do again
Level 2: Survived and would not ever do again
Level 3: Did not survive

For the win!