tntmo

Is Buell back??

The Buell brand has always interested me, the guy made a fairly competent sport bike out of a Sportster engine...who does something like that??   Anyway, the brand has lived and died more than once from what I understand, and now it looks like they are trying something different (not like anyone would expect anything else). 

Check it out, post up what you think. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/motorcycles/2023-buell-baja-1190-big-fast-us-made-dirt-bike/ar-AA141ei9?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=4b5941a885b149e3d3f6abb04a3517e8

Wonder what the boys at KTM are doing - Laughing or have an eye raised with concern.  Time will tell.

I'd like to know how much input Eric Buell (if any) had in the design.  I might be mistaken, but one iteration of a Buell come back was with the purchase of the name "Buell" and Eric Buell didn't have anything to do with the company.  Is that the case here...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J5ive said:

Wonder what the boys at KTM are doing - Laughing or have an eye raised with concern.  Time will tell.

I'd like to know how much input Eric Buell (if any) had in the design.  I might be mistaken, but one iteration of a Buell come back was with the purchase of the name "Buell" and Eric Buell didn't have anything to do with the company.  Is that the case here...

I doubt that KTM wastes more than the time reading the article.  

I think you're correct about the Buell thing?  Would be bad to lose your very name in a deal like that!  

I read that this will be the fastest production dirt bike in the world. 185 hp I believe. This thing is a monster.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hawkins said:

I read that this will be the fastest production dirt bike in the world. 185 hp I believe. This thing is a monster.

If it goes into production…