Hey all, super stoked to join the group and meet new people and ride. I am a new rider with about 1000 miles under my belt now. Finally decided staring at bikes and dreaming, but letting fear of the unknown stop me wasn't going to cut it anymore. So I bought a 2021 africa twin adventure sports and I'm looking for the adventure part. I'm in Carlsbad and looking to meet riders, gain experience, and camp off my bike. My ultimate goal is long adventures like Baja and Alaska someday. Can't wait to see you out there.

20221015_112223.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Great bike, that will take you anywhere you're ready to go.

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail. 

• Like 1

Hey, that's a nice bike you have there. :)

68067031089__A511D4AC-EC93-410A-80EC-EFAD32447B02.jpeg.8242a71f13c7d41860b2a53c38169f3a.jpeg

IMG_1675.jpeg.e450fb2b3b2eca7865f56cf1a5192bdb.jpeg

2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT

• OEM crash bar
  • OEM light bar
  • no name hand guards
  • Tusk rackless cargo system
  • OEM foot shifter
  • TrailTech Voyager Pro
  • RUBY Moto R5 lights
  • OEM tank bag
  • HEX ezCAN II
  • no name cell phone holder with wireless charging and quick disconnect
  • Doubletake mirrors
  • no name kickstand foot pad
  • OEM mount for hard top case
  • OEM hard top and side cases
  • DENALI SoundBomb horn (yet to be installed)
  • Denali B6 driving lights (yet to be installed)

I'd be happy to ride with you. My wife @Angela and I did Palomar Mountain's Nate Harrison Grade up followed by the South Grade down late yesterday. It was chilly but we had a blast.

IMG_1735.jpeg.2a960fb85767e29b1956c8059fa31155.jpeg

Edited by Hawkins
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, J5ive said:

Welcome.  You find the people here very friendly.

Shhhh now the cats out of the bag dammit!

@Canopytheory 

I am in Escondido and we have tech days etc here on a somewhat unregular schedule.

Best thing out of the box if get your suspension set with the proper sag, that's about a 20 minute job.
PM me if you need help you can swing by on a weekend and we can get you sorted.

We also teach how to pack motorcycles and how to watch people fix flats.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome! The holidays are busy for all but there are a lot and frequent "Rides" to get to know who is who, test other bikes, camp, schools etc etc.

• Like 1

There is a ride going on this Sunday meeting in Ramona @ 830 
  • Meet at Dunkin Donuts in Ramona at 8:30 (if you want a donut/coffee).  Sunday, 11/20
  • KSU at 9:00am
  • We can head up 7th or Magnolia and dive into Sutherland Dam and Black Mtn (aka Piney Top)

@moto_rph intro yourself to this guy and hope he makes it to your shindig.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

• Meet at Dunkin Donuts in Ramona at 8:30 (if you want a donut/coffee).  Sunday, 11/20
  • We can head up 7th or Magnolia and dive into Sutherland Dam and Black Mtn (aka Piney Top)

Darn it. New owner of my XR400 is coming Sunday from AZ to pick it up so i am out.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

Hey @Canopytheory, welcome to this strange and eclectic group of folks.  Come on out and meet us for what will probably be a 2-3 hour time commitment.  Most people in this club have done this ride so many times, they could do it blindfolded.  However, that doesn't mean it isn't fun.  The terrain changes all the time.

Drop me an email or give me a call if you have any questions...hope to see you there :)

Perry

442 258-9161

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'm taking my son snowboarding this weekend so I can't make the Sunday ride. Thank you for the invite. 

• Like 1

Perry, this a bit of a chance I'll be joining you on this.  I'm still deep in the weeds with some commitments but am trying to get clear enough to ride.  I'm an uncertain "no" for now and if I can make it, will be at DD early with a coffee and donut in hand.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Perry, this a bit of a chance I'll be joining you on this.  I'm still deep in the weeds with some commitments but am trying to get clear enough to ride.  I'm an uncertain "no" for now and if I can make it, will be at DD early with a coffee and donut in hand.

I was hoping you were coming to the desert to show me the quick line up Blow Sand Hill on the BMW? 

On 11/13/2022 at 9:49 PM, Canopytheory said:

Hey all, super stoked to join the group and meet new people and ride. I am a new rider with about 1000 miles under my belt now. Finally decided staring at bikes and dreaming, but letting fear of the unknown stop me wasn't going to cut it anymore. So I bought a 2021 africa twin adventure sports and I'm looking for the adventure part. I'm in Carlsbad and looking to meet riders, gain experience, and camp off my bike. My ultimate goal is long adventures like Baja and Alaska someday. Can't wait to see you out there.

20221015_112223.jpg

Welcome @Canopytheory! Where was this pic taken? It looks nice out.

You have those mosko bags and look like you’re ready to roll. Pack a sleeping bag and let’s ride!

On 11/15/2022 at 10:53 AM, cmbthumper said:

Darn it. New owner of my XR400 is coming Sunday from AZ to pick it up so i am out.

He is taking that sweet CA plated XR to Arizona? 

Maybe invite him on the ride (once cash is in your hand haha!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zubb said:

@Zubb dare I say an Irish Coffee might be warranted considering how busy you’ve been with all the commitments ?

Maybe some Cousin Medicine? How can I get a prescription?? 

3 hours ago, tntmo said:

I was hoping you were coming to the desert to show me the quick line up Blow Sand Hill on the BMW? 

I was pretty grumpy about your dates for this event as well (due to my schedule).

As for that little hill you say, I imagine top of 4th gear with a cigar in one hand and a bourbon in the other should just about clear it.  Might have to deflate the tires just a bit.

The trick really is getting up to speed and setting the cruise control without spilling the bourbon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goofy Footer said:

@Zubb dare I say an Irish Coffee might be warranted considering how busy you’ve been with all the commitments ?

Maybe some Cousin Medicine? How can I get a prescription?? 

I can write you a prescription, but you can't call it in.  You have to ride up to Lewiston Idaho and pick it up in person.  He will not ship.

You laugh, but I do have a San Diego friend who upon tasting the Peach Moonshine version around a desert campfire, put fresh tires on his GS and scurried up there just to pick up a couple quarts.  I think his cost amortized out to about $850/quart.

You however should take the long route via a series of stacked BDR's or simply the CDT.  I'll hook you up.

25 minutes ago, Zubb said:

You however should will take the long route via a series of stacked BDR's or simply the CDT.  I'll hook you up. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I was pretty grumpy about your dates for this event as well (due to my schedule).

As for that little hill you say, I imagine top of 4th gear with a cigar in one hand and a bourbon in the other should just about clear it.  Might have to deflate the tires just a bit.

The trick really is getting up to speed and setting the cruise control without spilling the bourbon.

Next time I will clear my plans with you.  First guy to the top of Blow Sand gets priority to set dates for rides. 

8 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

Welcome @Canopytheory! Where was this pic taken? It looks nice out.

You have those mosko bags and look like you’re ready to roll. Pack a sleeping bag and let’s ride!

@Goofy Footer That picture was taken on the Blair Valley loop by Anza Borrego. It was beautiful and I mostly enjoyed it. But I have the stock tires on and the sand kicked my butt.