Hawkins

[2022/11/11] Road ride for fun, sun, and burritos

@J5ive and I are in need of a little wind therapy, and @MitchpulscherADV is already on the maybe list.

We're all off work on Friday and @Angela is going to helm the S.S. TooManyKids so that I can add some miles to the odometer. Actually I am trying to get a sitter so she can ride too! The starting point is my house in San Marcos, CA and the destination is Señor Grubby's in Carlsbad. The food there is *chef's kiss* and they have a good beer selection.

The route is purposefully circuitous thanks to my attempt to make use of some of the nicer side roads that I've found in the area as well as ample time along the oceanfront. The route is open to input. What should we add/omit?

Ride Time: approx 2.5 hours
Ride Type: 100% paved road, backroads and good views, easy pace
Skill / Equipment Level: Open to all road riders and all bike types
Arrive: After 7:00 am, coffee will be ready
Depart: kickstands up at 8:30 am
Origin: 320 Crownview Court, San Marcos, CA 92069
Destination: 377 Carlsbad Village Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Route: https://goo.gl/maps/Yrd82S3PZt9fYoqN9
POI's: Double Peak Park, Olivenhain Dam, Elfin Forrest, Lake Hodges Dam, Torrey Pines State Beach, Highway 101, South Ponto Beach, Tamarack State Beach Jetty

711912779_Screenshot2022-11-10100300.thumb.png.ad8fff05fdf10d542242477c251b593c.png

We might run into gates blocking the way to the dam, but I am not sure as I've not been that way before. I will likely make a GPX file for myself once input is received from the community.

• Like 3

you know I'd be there, but my little bought of Covid is curtailing my social life....

• Sad 1

Kickstands up at 9:00ish, come by anytime after 7:30 if you like kids and/or coffee.

Had a great day today...good getting out and meeting a couple of new people.  We must have looked like a eclectic group of bikes going down the road.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J5ive said:

We look like a eclectic group …

Fixed

So it was a bunch of mixed up bikes going down the street?

That's cool. I like seeing that..

It means that a group of people with different styles and lives came together over something common and are enjoying each other even though they wouldn't normally be hanging together. All over motorcycle riding . That's cool. I'd like to see the pics.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, 350thumper said:

It means that a group of people with different styles and lives came together over something common and are enjoying each other even though they wouldn't normally be hanging together. All over motorcycle riding . That's cool. I'd like to see the pics.

100%

4 hours ago, DSM8 said:

Fixed

What did you fix? I agree with @J5ive in that we must have looked like an eclectic group. Is that grammatically wrong?

It was a motley crew indeed. Ages 18 to *mumblemumble* (let’s just leave it at older) riding bikes ranging from a KTM dual sport to an Africa Twin to a sun-rotted rat bike brought back from the dead with spare parts from a obgyn table (true story). We had a blast.

B66ECDDF-A17E-41D1-8680-18905AA3C84C.thumb.jpeg.72ef19b9a2fefb658acc84bf721487e2.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 350thumper said:

@350thumper - couldn't have stated it better...you hit the nail on the head.  Best of all, they let a HD guy tag along.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:04 PM, J5ive said:

Best of all, they let a HD guy tag along.

Its all the same wind brother. :) Happy to ride with you anytime on any bike.

• Like 1