padu

2022 West38 Moto 2-day Adventure Training

I've recently finished a 2-day training + 2-day ride (video coming) with the West38 guys in Borrego Springs. I've learned a lot during the 2 days and finally got really comfortable with sand. All the instructors were top-notch, including our own @Zubb

If you have an opportunity to do the class, don't miss it. It's totally worthwhile.

• Like 6

I will never get tired of hearing that bike! Looked like a ton of fun and you seem to be super comfortable in the sand.

🤘

• Like 1

Truly one of the best sounding bikes there is. I could easily hear him just rolling along Ceder Creek from the gate at Eagle Creek. Going up the far trail. 
93E97D89-4245-46F9-B827-448B9556CE1F.thumb.jpeg.d560892c406379363bf39693acfe6dc2.jpeg

yet, it is not uncomfortable when riding it. Reminds me of a 990 with a Rottweiler intake. But slightly more refined. 

• Like 3

@padu Thanks for posting, something I'd be interested in attending.

@Zubb love that photo...  I want to ride it.

53 minutes ago, J5ive said:

@Zubb love that photo...  I want to ride it.

Let’s do it. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Zubb said:

yet, it is not uncomfortable when riding it. Reminds me of a 990 with a Rottweiler intake. But slightly more refined. 

Gorgeous picture, you are good at that. And I wish I could go back in time and take the West38 class before I took a 990 to Baja in 2016. 😂

image.thumb.png.662772dea4fff999061e70c11d2acfad.png

Padu if you or anyone else is taking this class again post up! I might consider doing it, especially if I end up on a big bike again. I think it takes balls or skill to get a big bike up on top of the powder and I don't have enough of either.

• Like 1

@Zubb  if it's hard pack like that and you're willing to take a Noob - I'm in.  When???

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Gorgeous picture, you are good at that. And I wish I could go back in time and take the West38 class before I took a 990 to Baja in 2016. 😂

Padu if you or anyone else is taking this class again post up! I might consider doing it, especially if I end up on a big bike again. I think it takes balls or skill to get a big bike up on top of the powder and I don't have enough of either.

I'm already thinking about Level 3 next year in Colorado.

Meanwhile, I attend most of the local SOS (Sedlak Offroad School) Adventure classes. In fact, there's one happening tomorrow, which I unfortunately won't be able to attend.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Gorgeous bike in legit sand right there. There’s a bit more to the game than just getting up on plane, but that’s a large part. 
playing in sand is an evolutionary process for most of us. I love it as there’s always more to learn. 

13 hours ago, J5ive said:

@Zubb  if it's hard pack like that and you're willing to take a Noob - I'm in.  When???

PM inbound. I’m in Idaho for a bit right now. 

• Like 1

Yes.... W38 Moto is a great class for those on bigger bikes!     Did level 2 earlier this year and despite having grown up riding/racing MX, i learned some valuable lessons.

Sign me up for Cedar Creek run!  That is one of my favorite trails. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:13 AM, padu said:

I'm already thinking about Level 3 next year in Colorado.

Meanwhile, I attend most of the local SOS (Sedlak Offroad School) Adventure classes. In fact, there's one happening tomorrow, which I unfortunately won't be able to attend.

Yeah was good to meet you briefly at their event on the 5th (love your Beta almost as much as your Desert-X). The dirt was so perfect! Picture of me on the bottom is about 5 minutes before I triple-crash-one-hand-whiskey-throttle-highside-launched myself into the air and landed on my ribs/spleen ooofffffff. It's been a painful week and will probably need another to recover. I doubt I broke a rib but it sure feels like it.

image.thumb.png.b081cf9be3cc0b9ebccc1b3c8f96fec7.png

image.thumb.png.1b99955a84c3669eba3b55c03b6c4936.png

Edited by bfar33
  • Like 1

Nice to meet you! I didn't see your crash. You were riding normally for the rest of the day. Way to endure dude!

Yes, the one handed drill was super hard, but it was the one that helped the most. I did it a bit this past weekend at McCain

• Like 1

I survived the one-handed drill OK (yeah that was incredibly helpful for me as well), but crashed after lunch in the 3rd area. My one-handed whiskey throttle was unfortunately not on purpose lol. Rode the last hour until the event ended, then could barely load my bike. You were riding great, wish I got half as much seat time as you seem to get. You are living life the right way!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Yeah was good to meet you briefly at their event on the 5th (love your Beta almost as much as your Desert-X). The dirt was so perfect! Picture of me on the bottom is about 5 minutes before I triple-crash-one-hand-whiskey-throttle-highside-launched myself into the air and landed on my ribs/spleen ooofffffff. It's been a painful week and will probably need another to recover. I doubt I broke a rib but it sure feels like it.

image.thumb.png.b081cf9be3cc0b9ebccc1b3c8f96fec7.png

image.thumb.png.1b99955a84c3669eba3b55c03b6c4936.png

That was a great day, like Padu, I did not know you took a digger. Temp and terrain were perfect, and the class was most excellent. I love the new location. Those one-handed drills really reinforce the loose arm relaxed ergo position. Get healed up and get back in it!!! Robertaccio (Husqvarna TE300i on that day)