Hawkins

Lots of new members recently

@Birdi made it here?  I was just working on her bike yesterday, she's a hard core newbie with the right attitude.

Welcome to all the new members, got a family friendly / newbie friendly desert weekend trip coming up in two weeks in Ocotillo Wells, come on out for a day or stay the weekend!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 11/2/2022 at 6:14 AM, tntmo said:

@Birdi made it here?  I was just working on her bike yesterday, she's a hard core newbie with the right attitude.

Welcome to all the new members, got a family friendly / newbie friendly desert weekend trip coming up in two weeks in Ocotillo Wells, come on out for a day or stay the weekend!

@tntmo I made it! I like that you slipped the "hard core" in there. 

• Like 1

Welcome @Birdi. My wife @Angela is a member and I imagine would like to meet other women that ride. What bike(s) do you ride?

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, Hawkins said:

Welcome @Birdi. My wife @Angela is a member and I imagine would like to meet other women that ride. What bike(s) do you ride?

Thanks @Hawkins! Nice to "meet" you @Angela! I currently have a Yamaha TTR 250

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Birdi said:

I currently have a Yamaha TTR 250

Welcome. I hope that is NOT Wierdriders plated bike as i will be not happy with Jim for selling without contacting me.

Either way, ride safe and these are a great group of guys to learn from.

7 minutes ago, cmbthumper said:

Welcome. I hope that is NOT Wierdriders plated bike as i will be not happy with Jim for selling without contacting me.

Either way, ride safe and these are a great group of guys to learn from.

Nope, this one is much better!  

• Like 1

Hello all, super stoked to join the group. I'm a new rider and in the Carlsbad ares. I own a 2021 Africa Twin adventure sports and a 09 CRF 450x. Looking forward to getting out there and meeting you guys.

20221015_112223.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/9/2022 at 3:54 PM, Birdi said:

Thanks @Hawkins! Nice to "meet" you @Angela! I currently have a Yamaha TTR 250

Howdy! I ride a Royal Enfield Himalayan (411 cc). I’ve been riding since July of this year, and just went to my first adventure riding rally at the beginning of this month, took a beginners dirt riding course there (which I found to be super helpful at giving me more confidence in the dirt), and then road up the Nate Harrison grade a few days ago for my first true dirt riding experience. So far it has been great! Still slow and nervous on dirt, but getting better.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 9:58 AM, Angela said:

Howdy! I ride a Royal Enfield Himalayan (411 cc). I’ve been riding since July of this year, and just went to my first adventure riding rally at the beginning of this month, took a beginners dirt riding course there (which I found to be super helpful at giving me more confidence in the dirt), and then road up the Nate Harrison grade a few days ago for my first true dirt riding experience. So far it has been great! Still slow and nervous on dirt, but getting better.

I feel more confident on the dirt than I do the road. I have ridden mountain bikes for a few years now so I think some of that transfers well to riding my dirt bike. I did a course earlier this year in Anza Borrego. I would like to do another course at some point but with my bike and maybe a smaller group or more personalization.

Hi Birdi, welcome. You are right about Mtn Bike skills transferring well to moto. I hope to see you on the trail soon. There is sooooooo much great riding in our county!

Thanks for adding me to the group, I’m a new rider when it comes to the road but I look forward to meeting some people. I just got a 2022 KTM 890r adv and I look forward to getting more comfortable on a bigger bike. Ive lived all over the country and definitely a lot more comfortable on a smaller bike doing single track but I’m super excited about getting an adventure bike.

• Like 2

Hey everyone! 

Got a new to me ‘14 KTM 500 and looking to stretch its legs. I love everything on two wheels. Been riding for many years on street and now dirt. Why not combine the two?

P.S. The plate is there just to get me to the trail. :)

• Like 2

Welcome to all the new members !

Hope to meet you all soon.

KTMrad

SDAR President and Founder