tntmo

Chinese ADV model (with KTM power)

I have heard of CFMoto before, but I don't think I have seen one in person.  Anyone had their eyeballs on one of these?  I think it's good to have more choices in the market, there's a seat for every butt/a butt for every seat.  

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/cfmoto-800-adventura-a-new-ktm-powered-adv-bike-coming-to-us/

• Like 1

While the motor pieces parts are cover with known KTM dealers I'd take one if the Chassis was covered by the same amount or more dealers. Since it likes like an Africa Twin is carrying a KTM baby i wonder if the AT aftermarket will fit on these. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cmbthumper said:

While the motor pieces parts are cover with known KTM dealers I'd take one if the Chassis was covered by the same amount or more dealers. Since it likes like an Africa Twin is carrying a KTM baby i wonder if the AT aftermarket will fit on these. 

I'm curious who would spend around $10k for this rather than seeking out a Yamaha T7 (I know they are difficult to find right now) or even a 1-2 year old Honda/KTM/etc?  If it were priced around $7500 I could see it having more appeal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tntmo said:

I'm curious who would spend around $10k for this rather than seeking out a Yamaha T7 (I know they are difficult to find right now) or even a 1-2 year old Honda/KTM/etc?  If it were priced around $7500 I could see it having more appeal.

Very true and totally agree.

To some new buyers the bike years makes a difference for some reason. A 2022 DRZ is still a 2000 DRZ for example. These may sell because of those that wanted Honda AT or KTM but couldn't afford one. The name throwing (KTM) and looks (Honda AT) might make them sell on a decent level.  

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 6:51 AM, tntmo said:

I have heard of CFMoto before, but I don't think I have seen one in person

You've seen them.  They are labeled as KTM.  CFMOTO owns 51% of KTM . 

They build the ADVenture bikes for KTM and street bikes .

CFMOTO and KTM have merged a long time ago. In China the company is called KTMR2R. In America its known as KTM.

CFMoto is china's largest motorcycle replica manufacture They make China scooters and China ATVs and what we know here as the KTM dirtbikes.

Some of the CFMoto ADVs include but not limited to :

390 Adventure, 640 Adventure, 690 Enduro R, 790 Adventure, 790 Adventure R, 890 Adventure, 890 Adventure R, 950 Adventure, 990 Adventure, 1050 Adventure, 1090 Adventure, 1090 Adventure R, 1190 Adventure, 1190 Adventure R, 1290 Super Adventure and 1290 Super Adventure R models

I'm happy to see the diversification in the world trade.

The CFMoto engine is in other bikes as well.

Great topic.

"You've seen them.  They are labeled as KTM.  CFMOTO owns 51% of KTM ."   Cite source, this appears to be fake news. the only KTM brand owned by Chinese investors is the KTM bicycle brand. 

• Like 2

Stefan Pierer is a huge EU industrialist, doing biz with other entities is fine, but I don't see him ever selling majority shares in any of the Pierer Mobility/Industrie companies. (this is my opinion).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robertaccio said:

"You've seen them.  They are labeled as KTM.  CFMOTO owns 51% of KTM ."   Cite source, this appears to be fake news.

CFMOTO partnered with KTM in 2013 to produce KTM-badged motorcycles in China one of the largest motorcycle markets in the world. The joint-venture company is known as CFMOTO-KTMR2R in which CFMOTO holds a majority share of 51 per cent, with the remaining 49 per cent held by KTM. A 25 per cent share of CFMOTO stock was floated on the Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2017.

image.png.c22dfb116e6072747c629ab5f13bbdc3.png

I'm happy to see that the parts are being made cheaper in China since 2013 for affordability, and that the KTM badge can continue in the market cost effectively.

"KTM teams up with Chinese manufacturer CFMoto, which will manufacture KTM’s entire fleet of middleweight models." 

Cycle News.com

"CFMOTO holds a majority share of 51 per cent, with the remaining 49 per cent held by KTM. "

MC News.com

"KTM president Stefan Pierer has also entered into a joint venture with CFMoto owner Lai Guogui that will see the manufacture of KTM’s"

Australian motorcycle news

I think it's great news that the bikes are made in China so everyone can afford the bikes more easily. I do own a bike that is made in China also and parts are cheap for it.  

Great topic.

Edited by 350thumper
  • Like 1

thanks for that...and it was old news to boot. nothing like doing business with the regime. Kind of like if Nazi Germany was still around and doing business. Its all good if  it's cheap and not in my backyard/house/country....there is this however- company is known as CFMOTO-KTMR2R. 

That is the joint venture corp..I don't think this is a core EU or Swiss Pierer Mobility group corp. ( all the corps under the blanket in EU region) It's a separate biz entity in China, not to say as they do with the India manufacturing we will not see these products here..... good for discussion. 

Using/buying into a known brand name is a great in.  Value added as with the Husqvarna trademark. 

I don't think the dealers will be too happy to see a KTM450SX for sale for 5k.......mailorder....on Amazon etc.....

KTM AG is presently owned by Pierer Mobility AG,[34] which owns about 98.2% of KTM shares. Pierer Mobility AG is majority owned by Pierer Industrie AG (73.32%).[35]

Subsidiaries[edit]

As of 2020, KTM AG has the following subsidiaries:[36]

KTM Racing AG (Switzerland, 100%)

KTM Sportmotorcycle GmbH (100%, distribution of motorcycles and parts)

KTM Sportcar GmbH (100%, production and distribution of the KTM X-Bow)

KTM Immobilien GmbH (99%, owner of all property and buildings of the KTM Group)

Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH (100%, distribution of motorcycles and parts)

GASGAS Motorcycles GmbH (Spain, 60%)[37]

WP Suspension GmbH (100%, production of motorcycle suspension components)

W Verwaltungs AG (100%)

never as simple as it appears in these huge biz deals.

Edited by robertaccio
  • Like 1

Ya interesting stuff . Stephan Pierer seems like a smart individual when it comes to producing 400,000 motorcycles per year. Im Glad he is partnering with the various countries to provide the motorcycles. It's not old news or seems:

"Pierer Mobility has a joint venture with CFMoto that sees it manufacture several KTM models and engines"

Cycle World magazine 

Screenshot_20230213-105213_Chrome.jpg.9c8cda4239d1d7cabc10a5532eff6c10.jpg

It's understandable why KTM chooses not to promote their bikes on Made-in-China.com. Personally, I prefer the convenience of having the bike shipped directly to my doorstep. It's also great to have a clear understanding of the cost. I'm more than happy to save some money by taking the time to remove the packaging materials and adding qt of Rotella to the crankcase. Even if it means saving a significant amount like $7,000.

"A product may be labeled 'made' or 'assembled' depending on where it was sourced and/or manufactured. “Made” indicates all or most of the parts and components used to make the product originated from that country and were also manufactured in that same country."

Itimanufacturing.com

When we dont hear that KTMs are Made in China from the dealer, i believe it's due to the idiom that Chinese motorcycles are made cheaply or of lesser quality which I believe is not true. 

The KTM China made motorcycles from Made-in-China.com seem to do just fine in the rallies. I love the online price.though! I hope that gets reflected to the new consumers soon.

Edited by 350thumper

I used to sell Lifan quads and dirt bikes. The engines were never really the issue, other than power (which would be remedied by using KTM's design). It was the frames, suspension, and brakes. The parts availability issue was extremely frustrating even as a vendor. With KTMs technology and success in the industry as of late, it could really help both companies.

As much as I try and resist it, that CF Moto side by side looks pretty damn good as well. And for 12K dollars, can't beat that.