We'll be in spot 139. Large black/coffee-colored RV. Angela will be on her newly-kitted-up Royal Enfield and I'll have the Africa Twin with me. She's attending an adventure bike training class while we are there so I'll have some time to myself where I'll probably chase the Farkle Ponies around. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hawkins said:

We'll be in spot 139. Large black/coffee-colored RV. Angela will be on her newly-kitted-up Royal Enfield and I'll have the Africa Twin with me. She's attending an adventure bike training class while we are there so I'll have some time to myself where I'll probably chase the Farkle Ponies around. 

We'll be glad to have you :)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, shutterrev said:

@Mr.JAJA In unserem Camp wird es eine Mischung aus österreichischen und deutschen Fahrrädern geben. Aber meistens die orange Sorte.

Ich bringe das Bier

We will be in camp 101, but our team looks like it fell apart.  No RV now, I think Bob will be there with his pop-up trailer,  I will be there everyday but no camping, just staging there.  I'll be on an 500 EXC # 151,  Bob will be on his KLR

• Like 1

Ich werde mein Zelt und Schlafsack mitbringe. Just in case I get wasted.

• Like 1

Late to the thread, haven't read up to this point, so might as well seagull (fly in, ---- everywhere, and leave):

Anyone want to do a photography / 360 videography / drone videography oriented ride? This is a bit niche as there will be a lot of slow, repetitive riding or even posing next too one's bike. It would be epic to create some new wallpapers, profile shots, or just play around with camera gear. I have a good SLR, 2x older Hero's, an Insta360, a Skydio 2+, a Mavic Mini, and tons of mounts for body, arm, bike, helmet, etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hawkins said:

Anyone want to do a photography / 360 videography / drone videography oriented ride? This is a bit niche as there will be a lot of slow, repetitive riding or even posing next too one's bike. It would be epic to create some new wallpapers, profile shots, or just play around with camera gear. I have a good SLR, 2x older Hero's, an Insta360, a Skydio 2+, a Mavic Mini, and tons of mounts for body, arm, bike, helmet, etc.

I'm always up for a ride @Hawkins, but did you say I have to be a poser?  I thought we left that to the VeeTwin guys :)

14 hours ago, Hawkins said:

Late to the thread, haven't read up to this point, so might as well seagull (fly in, ---- everywhere, and leave):

calling @Wierdrider to the bat line in 3 ... 2 ...

This stuff is always fun (to me).  It's always interesting to see what others use for different angles on bikes in scenery and how it looks "on film".  Jim W took the poser shot of me in my profile, and has a great eye for action/light/etc.    I have an insta360 that I don't use because .... editing.  But would love to hang with some folks that have a useful workflow so that I can utilize the camera effectively and efficiently.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hawkins said:

@Hawkins please start a thread on this if you get enough interest here.  Sharing info on better bike-togrophy can be as much fun as any other aspect of bike life.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I got intel that Big Bear received some snow during the last week and more may be coming so SD to Big Bear is doubtful.  I will ride once I am cleared but I cannot set personal plans for now.

Nov 19-20 there is a ride event in Ocotillo Wells hosted by @tntmo. You can participate in numerous ways:

1) You can ride big bikes out and have lunch and the Blu Inn then head back home on twisties or stay for the bonfire at  @tntmo Camp

2) You can truck out your small bikes and rip the dez. Maybe ride a big loop south from OW to the town of Ocotillo to visit @350thumper and refuel before heading back north.

3) Bring your family / atv / buggy etc and ride OW

On 11/2/2022 at 4:09 PM, Zubb said:

calling @Wierdrider to the bat line in 3 ... 2 ...

This stuff is always fun (to me).  It's always interesting to see what others use for different angles on bikes in scenery and how it looks "on film".  Jim W took the poser shot of me in my profile, and has a great eye for action/light/etc.    I have an insta360 that I don't use because .... editing.  But would love to hang with some folks that have a useful workflow so that I can utilize the camera effectively and efficiently.

@Wierdrider, Paging @Wierdrider x2.. bring that nice TTR 250 out and let that bike stretch its legs!

• Agree 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:35 PM, Goofy Footer said:

Nov 19-20 ride in Ocotillo Wells hosted by @tntmo

My family will be traveling during this trip so we're out. Damn shame too, sounds great. Keep up the great work on making events @tntmo

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 4:11 PM, Zubb said:

@Hawkins please start a thread on this if you get enough interest here.  Sharing info on better bike-togrophy can be as much fun as any other aspect of bike life.

I'd be in for this as well @Hawkins as it'll mean I need to *actually* figure out how to pack my Sony and lenses. I've yet to do this, so plan it and I'll use it as a test for my tog gear. 

• Like 1

Ive been itching to make it out to Oco since I have not been yet this season, Ill look into that for sure!

Edited by AlphaOgre
  • Like 1

To all interested in my idea to have a video/photo-focused ride, I'll get something on the calendar after the holiday craze.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hawkins said:

To all interested in my idea to have a video/photo-focused ride, I'll get something on the calendar after the holiday craze.

Count me in if the dates work.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:35 PM, Goofy Footer said:

Dang!  My wife works in the school system....gonna be out of town for holiday week :(