robertaccio

2022 Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro 3DEC2022

Start is back to Hacienda Santa Veronica for this years event. Although now 61....l will once again race in the 50+ class to ride the entire 3 test course (60+ is for test 1 and 2 loop only). 

GP Motorcycles, National City Moto, RynoPower, Redline Oil,  Sedlak Offroad School/FXR are my primary supporters ( esposa bonita tambien)

2021 Husqvarna TE300i will be the steed once again. The scene is almost ISDE like...(OK sort of). 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Welp, missed the signup for this one again. ☹️

Have fun out there and kick some ass!

5 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Welp, missed the signup for this one again. ☹️

Have fun out there and kick some ass!

I woke up at 0320 in Gubbio Italia to sign up at 0330 for the 1830 time of sign up PST..... it is nuts but by my code number I was near the 200 cut off number. Sells out in 10 freaking minutes. Of course they leave openings for Pros and some extras for friends and they do maintain a standby list.

As for the kick some ass part......nope just going once again for the clean finish. There are way too many fast guys in the 50 class from Baja winners, to ISDE silver and gold medalists to former MX Pros. 61 yo Ammie me will get er done as best I can with minimal carnage. BTW the other 60+ in the 50 class are all faster and have way more trophies than I do!! Thanks for the words.

3DEC is rapidly approaching. It's a big happening to witness and Hacienda Santa Veronica ain't a bad destination ride either.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:45 AM, robertaccio said:

Start is back to Hacienda Santa Veronica for this years event. Although now 61....l will once again race in the 50+ class to ride the entire 3 test course (60+ is for test 1 and 2 loop only). 

GP Motorcycles, National City Moto, RynoPower, Redline Oil,  Sedlak Offroad School/FXR are my primary supporters ( esposa bonita tambien)

2021 Husqvarna TE300i will be the steed once again. The scene is almost ISDE like...(OK sort of). 

Arguably, the most important supporter!

• Like 1

My buddy was just talking about how good the enduros in tecate were when he raced. Piqued my interest for sure. Will be following.

• Like 1

..... looking forward to an update on your "ride"!!

• Like 1

well at 61 rode the 50+ class and finished just into the the top 50% of class for class P20 from 42 riders. Lost a bunch of time at a bottle neck on loop/test 3 waiting for the carnage to clear.

All good the speed average calculations for times was 16MPH which was easy to maintain coming in early on loop 1 and 2 for great break for gas up and body fuel.

OA somewhere around 150th which again is right around the 50% mark, all of which I am happy with. My heartrate hovered around mid 140s when getting on the gas and calmed when backing down and maintaining clean body position and speed. I checked pictures so far and am pleased with my ergos. Sedlak Offroad School Training has me in much more efficient and safe ergo position for a good flow and less tiring.

The course for this year was in fact a bit toned down from some of the previous editions I have done, the fun factor was higher and moments of doubt and pain were zero (for me anyway).

May be an image of 1 person, motorcycle, dirt bike and outdoors

• Like 3

0801 + a few seconds right near the start (61st minute start) my EZ Up and truck visible in the background)

May be an image of 1 person, motorcycle, outdoors and text

:thumbsup_anim: AWESOME!

Don't discount your age yet!  When I Mtn Bike raced on CO a couple decades ago, the fastest group was always the 50-55year old mens group.  You'd think those 20 somethings would lead a game as physical as that.

You are inspiring to others of us here in your age group.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kkug said:

Good Job !!!

I saw the Kug sticker in the Sta Veronica bar/restaurant bathroom!!