Pokey151

Geico ADV Rally, who's going?

Who else is going?  I am going with @Rjg967 and possibly 2 other riders, who may flake out on it.  I've never done one and understand the concept I am thinking on taking the 500 over the 790?  mainly because it's new to me and I've only ridden it to work yesterday,  I don't think I will have time to ride this weekend, so my first time riding it in dirt will be this rally.

How many miles is done in a day?  I have a 3 gal tank so range is limited

Anyways, we have a camping spot but sounds like we don't have an RV now, it needs to go to Bishop to reserve the spot for the winter.  I cannot stay over night regardless due to my dog's health issues.  So we have a staging area.

Our team name is "Jose your blinker is on"  It's an inside joke for one of the guys supposed to go that we endlessly harass. 

So who else is going and what's your team name?  Maybe we can meet up

Mileage, time, the difficulty of terrain, and distance vary by how hard you want to work. There are teams that want to win, so they might spend 13 hours on the bike each day, hitting as many checkpoints as fast as possible. Some of the fastest teams will bring two bikes for each person, an adventure bike and a small bike. They'll hit the technical stuff one day on small bikes and the long road section on their adventure bikes the next.

But of course most teams just want to cruise, hit as much as possible, and enjoy the weekend. 

There will be section where only advanced ADV bike riders should be doing on ADV bikes.

If you just want to have fun, do some riding, not take things too seriously, and not worry about getting in a jam, I'd go with the 500.

• Like 1

If my 2 other friend flake, I am sure Bob and I would want to try for the most points,  If they do show up, then it would be a leisure ride.