Sign in to follow this  
Goofy Footer

TAT gem 3 Steps Hideaway - La Sal, Utah

Discovered this cool campground + Bed & Breakfast along the TransAmerica Trail while reading some ride reports. Looks like a great place to stage or stop by when riding between Telluride and Moab. 

The video goes into detail on some of the off grid building features and may be of interest to you. It is ran by ADVrider's own Dingweed who has put tens upon tens of thousands of miles on his WR250R

5-45-XL.jpg

5-47-XL.jpg

20141019195835-5d58bd5b-la.jpg

6-3-XL.jpg

6-4-XL.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Goofy Footer for sharing Juan’s nicely done review. Randy M and I stayed there a before the pandemic and had a wonderful time. Full service with gobs of character. Scott and Julie a very accommodating and flexible to meet all your needs. The place reminds me of Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. You meet folks from around the country and around the world. All with none of the distractions of a town commercial district.

Very much recommended 

@Bagstr & @PbdBlue thanks for replies, it looks like you enjoyed your stay there. Where did you guys ride from there?

Based on the good reviews and your report I think I may need to visit here in 2023.

Rode the Lasal valley and Montezuma Rd a couple of days and then trucked the bikes up to Canyonlands and rode the White Rim Trail.

Edited by PbdBlue

On 11/4/2022 at 7:36 AM, PbdBlue said:

Rode the Lasal valley and Montezuma Rd a couple of days and then trucked the bikes up to Canyonlands and rode the White Rim Trail.

Seriously cool stuff you guys. I need to get out there asap. What do you think the earliest in the spring season somebody could ride that part of Utah?

Call Scott and chat. Go with a buddy or two, it gets remote really fast. Also, do not overlook the Abajo Mtns nearby. National Forest stuff 10k plus which affects when you go.