Pokey151

Soboba Trail Ride Feb 26, 2023

4 minutes ago, Goofy Footer said:

What are the details on that trailer? Congrats on the ride!

If it gets any heavier he will need to add a gooseneck hitch. lol

Bob modified a small dingy boat trailer I believe, tows it with his Prius.  Gets far better gas mileage than his 2500 truck with an 8.1L  Very resourceful guy for sure 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Goofy Footer said:

@robertaccio we are waiting for Pictures!!

Zero for me.....no viddy no fotos. I have been hunting around for some hard line viddies and fotos. there are already a few guys posting good view (but sorry boring slow) GoPro video from the ORN main trail, which was a beautiful chocolate trail. I want some BLU line and BD and DBD (Black Diamond/Double Black Diamond) stuff. Thx for asking.

image.png.04f73b0fe62dc98e9a150af26aa02b8d.png
Me second in line waiting for 3 guys who are AFU on the hill to the left, by this time I was happy to have passed by many riders, most were stopped a few were trail passes. After this stop I did not see too many people just a few here and there. Most of the stoppages were 100% due to lack of basic skills ( Please go to ride schools!!) Not one of the hills up to this point had technical obstacles , these trails are 99% un-rocky, yes some were slick up and down, just needed to be in good position and smooth throttle. So many riders just spinning their wheels  with weight in wrong position.  just one quick tip your clutch is wet , slip it on accel and decel , RPM can be up in the torque range just modulate the clutch to feed power to the ground----smooth groove it. Slip clutch, change oil often no oil threads......buuuut since I've been using 80W Redline.....my entire drive train feels smoother. They have some foo foo additives that are brilliant.

Edited by robertaccio
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This guy has a bunch of video up.  It's cool to see the area. I'm jaded so I won't comment too much. Put it this way I rode all that stuff with zero thoughts. it's all smooth and non technical

But heck enjoy his views the trail really is super nice and windy

Soboba Trail Ride 2023 #9 - YouTube

8 hours ago, robertaccio said:
image.png.04f73b0fe62dc98e9a150af26aa02b8d.png
Me second in line waiting for 3 guys who are AFU on the hill to the left, by this time I was happy to have passed by many riders, most were stopped a few were trail passes. After this stop I did not see too many people just a few here and there. Most of the stoppages were 100% due to lack of basic skills ( Please go to ride schools!!) Not one of the hills up to this point had technical obstacles , these trails are 99% un-rocky, yes some were slick up and down, just needed to be in good position and smooth throttle. So many riders just spinning their wheels  with weight in wrong position.  just one quick tip your clutch is wet , slip it on accel and decel , RPM can be up in the torque range just modulate the clutch to feed power to the ground----smooth groove it. Slip clutch, change oil often no oil threads......buuuut since I've been using 80W Redline.....my entire drive train feels smoother. They have some foo foo additives that are brilliant.

I 15 in the morning

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

What are the details on that trailer? Congrats on the ride!

It started life as a harbor freight trailer, the little guy. Bolted down some scrap 2x4s and a 2x10 As the main rail for the bike. Generic Amazon wheel chock with good straps.

I actually broke it on my way home (it is a bit rusty from being a boat trailer for a while), so I'm going to extend it in additional 1.5 ft and add a fuel can holder.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robertaccio said:

BTW I kept my eye out for the #350 bLU cRU bike but never spotted you. Sometimes/mostly I ride in my head and have that freakin Goggins on my shoulder cursing my slack, so I keep pushing. 

PS choose your own poison, but for years I have used Evans sport, non-aqueous coolant for years now. low pressure, super high boil point, Samco hoses, CNC pump impeller for a bullet proof cooling system. for an addition a cooling fan kit can help as well (I never use one). 

I am currently running engine ice, But I just worked the bike too hard in the deep mud. I'm also 270lb. I will be adding the trail tech fan once I get the Ricky stator installed with dual batteries in parallel. I think we were all riding in our head, it was pretty involved out there. Lol

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rjg967 said:

I am currently running engine ice, But I just worked the bike too hard in the deep mud. I'm also 270lb. I will be adding the trail tech fan once I get the Ricky stator installed with dual batteries in parallel. I think we were all riding in our head, it was pretty involved out there. Lol

watching some of the viddies posted on YT I saw your machine on top of one hill parked without you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robertaccio said:

watching some of the viddies posted on YT I saw your machine on top of one hill parked without you.

Yeah, a dude tumbled off the hill and I ran down to help them. By the time I got back up someone knocked over my bike. Lol

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 7:25 PM, Rjg967 said:

It started life as a harbor freight trailer, the little guy. Bolted down some scrap 2x4s and a 2x10 As the main rail for the bike. Generic Amazon wheel chock with good straps.

I actually broke it on my way home (it is a bit rusty from being a boat trailer for a while), so I'm going to extend it in additional 1.5 ft and add a fuel can holder.

I had one of those for years originally one of the folder ones. made it an non folder with 3/4 4x8 plywood base added wheel chocks , side fences, a fuel tank mount and found large dia wheels for it. All the wood was stained dark and trailer was rattle canned to match my van, I even added a better light kit with side lights . Using those cheapos as a base for customization can work really well to create a budget but solid trailer . I had 3 spaced wheel hoop chocks so 2 bikes fwd on sides and 1 facing rear. Also had HD eyelets bolted onto the main frame for tie straps. Served me for years. Thing (functional POS) even looked cool.

PS lots of viddy loaded up on U Tube now. to review the adventure. I found myself on one slipping and sliding up the clay mud road , hard section. Funny the BLU split (to Black Diamond road section gave me more grief than any of the single track technical stuff. That stuff was a few inches of snow on top of 6-12 inches of pure snot grease on top of slick hard base..... weird for sure. Did you guys ride that ? It was a split to the left.