Was wondering if anybody wanted to ride some sand washes this weekend,,

Hi. Ya .

Sand single track over to Sin nombre, find a wash to heart attack, make oriflamme to Julian for gas, then hit sketchy creek for more death defying single-track straight down a live waterfall. 

Try and make it early am if you can.  I won't be jumping over any broken train track tresles or launching bike into 30ft of quicksand like last time, but it's a Fun route . Some bouldery sand washes leading up to 4 foot vertical drops to jump off.

Edited by 350thumper
Ice cream

37 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

Hi. Ya .

Sand single track over to Sin nombre, find a wash to heart attack, make oriflamme to Julian for gas, then hit sketchy creek for more death defying single-track straight down a live waterfall. 

Try and make it early am if you can.  I won't be jumping over any broken train track tresles or launching bike into 30ft of quicksand like last time, but it's a Fun route . Some bouldery sand washes leading up to 4 foot vertical drops to jump off.

I cannot picture where any of this is so please do a ride report.

• Like 1

Kinda sorta, not really .

👋  

What level rider are you  cmb?

Zubb 1?

Zubb 2?

Zubb level 3?

Do you drink coffee? Lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 350thumper said:

👋  

Zubb 1?

Zubb 2?

Zubb level 3?

I’ve created a monster. 

• Like 1

Level of Rider? Never been asked that but ok. You'd really have to watch my You Tube vids to gauge for yourself.

Know Zubb by screen name but never rode with him so can't put my level

I'm the rider everyone waits for cause i am enjoying the ride and the scenery and taking pics at the same time. Did Mike crash? No, just give him a second as there were a few spots he would have stopped at.

Due to a medical condition i rarely get to ride and when i do it is usually for 2-3hrs max. Plus my 450exc is getting a facelift, my 950se is currently a paperweight with carb issues and my VFR is getting new fork seals so it will be a few more weeks before i can ride anyway

I have been drinking coffee since about 11yo and due to my medical condition i LOVE coffee but admit i know jack about it. Always wanted to do one of those schools and taste testing things.

18 hours ago, 350thumper said:

👋  

Zubb 1?

Zubb 2?

Zubb level 3?

Fair enough question for anyone really. I don’t think it’s important to be exact because that’s impossible for most of us to judge ourselves. It’s all relative. 
I know that if I’m on a 1250 and others are on 300-500’s, they are going to be waiting for me if it’s technical. And vice versa if it’s highway. 
Stopping for pics is a GREAT descriptor as it speaks to your pace and frame of mind. 
Mixing a pic-taker with a mile eater doesn’t make for a happy couple. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Great response, thanking for opening up a little bit so we (i) could get to know you some. 

I'm probly a zubb2,  meaning I can care for my own bike, I'm familiar with trails and could probly help another rider.

I enjoy helping new riders in the club if i can  Sometimes I ride technical stuff just to conquer my own fears...  

I've learned to enjoy stopping and taking pictures . Sometimes you can capture a feeling and emotions in a ride photo that wouldn't normally be seen.. 

• Like 4

What kind of range?

- XR600 plated stock tank. 

On 10/7/2022 at 11:29 AM, 350thumper said:

@cmbthumper the only thing I'm familiar with on your list is below (me - last year),

Oriflamme and I assume you're talking about Fish Creek. This is all pretty heady stuff.  U DA MAN!

I'm still recovering from knee replacement, but give me a few weeks and let the desert cool down some....we'll try some stuff.  @Zubb I totally expect you to be in on this :) 

Bring 1, 2 and 3 along.

• Like 1

1 and 2 can stay back in camp for that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Stock tank would make it . There's 2 gas stations on this route.

On 10/11/2022 at 4:45 PM, moto_rph said:

@cmbthumper

This is all pretty heady stuff.  U DA MAN!

@Zubb 

Bring 1, 2 and 3 along.

😆....

• Like 1