tntmo

Noob Overnight Dual Sport Camping Trip - 22-23 October

Count me in. 

I just purchased a Tusk rack for my KTM 500 cuz I don't want too much stress on the subframe.  And @shutterrev took pity on me and gave me a 1 man tent.  All I have to do is get enough Rok straps to hold the YETI cooler full of beer.

I'm good!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, moto_rph said:

Count me in. 

I just purchased a Tusk rack for my KTM 500 cuz I don't want too much stress on the subframe.  And @shutterrev took pity on me and gave me a 1 man tent.  All I have to do is get enough Rok straps to hold the YETI cooler full of beer.

I'm good!

I like PBR, or anything if it’s cold!  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, moto_rph said:

@Zubb what kind of skid plate do you put over those 4 nice chrome headers??

Plexiglass, so's you can still see ''um.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bboyle9 said:

I think I'm in for this!

Yeah boy! 

I'll be somewhere between Ramona and Idaho on that date. Y'all have fun.

3 hours ago, bboyle9 said:

I think I'm in for this!

Yes!  If @bboyle9 can make it from LA... you reading this can make it from SD / IE !

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

I'll be somewhere between Ramona and Idaho on that date. Y'all have fun.

well technically speaking this ride Could be between Ramona and Idaho too..  Have fun and post up a RR after!

• Like 1

I am still packed and ready!! too early? cant wait. now to experiment with ways to keep beverages in a  can cold for a long time. small cooler? or thermos type container? extra room seems to be at a premium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ECDave said:

I am still packed and ready!! too early? cant wait. now to experiment with ways to keep beverages in a  can cold for a long time. small cooler? or thermos type container? extra room seems to be at a premium.

I like this kind of enthusiasm for beverages.  Don’t forget one for the organizer.  

• Like 1

Just now, numpty said:

I hope this happens again.

Dates don’t work for you?  We can try another one if this one works out well. 

Correct. Dates and I still have to get around to getting my license, so that's kind of important too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ECDave said:

@ECDave I like your style, and I understand totally. 

The tent and bag will get there somehow, but DAMN!  How do we keep the beer cold???

59 minutes ago, ECDave said:

53 minutes ago, tntmo said:

I like this kind of enthusiasm for beverages.  Don’t forget one for the organizer.  

Some people carry it in their belly but I would certainly advise against that. You know the whole safety and law thing.  BUT, it would be quite the scene to see you serve tntmo a belly beer!

38 minutes ago, numpty said:

Correct. Dates and I still have to get around to getting my license, so that's kind of important too.

Hopefully you can get the learner's permit test or full license soon and come on a dualsport ride. Maybe take a MSF course with a friend? I took after already riding dirt for a while and it was still fun. I jumped on the TW200s when I could instead of the cruiser bikes.

Some people will truck to Ramona, Jamul, Pine Valley or Borrego Springs and stage there for their dirt focused dualsport loops both big and small.

5 hours ago, ECDave said:

Hy——dro—— flask!

• Agree 1

On 9/28/2022 at 9:07 PM, DSM8 said:

Then I propose Sunday the 16th as the day for the meetup for the tec/packing day if people are interested 

those with luggage maybe bring it with so people can get ideas on options and ideas 

We need some headcount to plan accordingly 

Dang, just booked a 3 day fishing trip that leaves Sunday morning the 16th. Looks like I’m going to miss another tech day👎🏽.  Still need to learn how to clean/rebuild the carb on the xt250. 

I assume a bigger adventure bike would be too much for the trip you are all planning?

17 minutes ago, A 2 said:

Dang, just booked a 3 day fishing trip that leaves Sunday morning the 16th. Looks like I’m going to miss another tech day👎🏽.  Still need to learn how to clean/rebuild the carb on the xt250. 

I assume a bigger adventure bike would be too much for the trip you are all planning?

All are welcome!  I've spoken with @tntmo about this overnight and it's going to be n00b and big bike friendly!  :thumbsup_anim:

The goal is to have a welcoming and safe environment for n00b and experienced people alike to practice moto camping. It will be simple dirt roads and fun pavement to the campground. The goal is to get there with enough time to set up your tents while there is still light, unpack your chairs or @Zubb Hy--dro-flasks and tell each other lies around the campfire.

For those wanting to do more dirt the next day they can take off and hit some more challenging routes back home on their own too.

@A 2  what bike are you on?  You should come!

I will likely pre-ride this event on my FZ-6, it’s a street bike….so any bike at any level is going to be welcome.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

@A 2  what bike are you on?  You should come!

Oh nice, the big (for me) bike is a tiger 800. 

Edited by A 2

8 hours ago, tntmo said:

I will likely pre-ride this event on my FZ-6, it’s a street bike….so any bike at any level is going to be welcome.  

Not sure where we are camping or if fires will be allowed but maybe pre-dropping some hidden firewood if it’s remote. I like to bike (mountain bikes) pack also so I’m no stranger to ultra light for packing. Water too.

• Like 1