tntmo

Noob Overnight Dual Sport Camping Trip - 22-23 October

I have hiked many thousands of miles and learned to go lighter every trip. After i could no longer hike i transitioned into Overland camping with my Jeep. While the components were somewhat the same, Again, you learn to go lighter every trip and be as efficient as possible.

The point is that you will NEVER and i mean NEVER no matter how much your buddy has camped or bikecamped ever be as prepared or know what works or doesn't without doing it yourself. Help and advise are always key but experience Donald Trumps it all.

Soon i will be trying my venture into Bikecamping and have zero shame in that while i have experience in other "Camping" venues i will be a complete noob and will accept any help and criticism to make the experience more enjoyable for me and anyone around me.

Edited by cmbthumper
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, cmbthumper said:

The point is that you will NEVER and i mean NEVER no matter how much your buddy has camped or bikecamped ever be as prepared or know what works or doesn't without doing it yourself. Help and advise are always key but experience Donald Trumps it all.

Soon i will be trying my venture into Bikecamping and have zero shame in that while i have experience in other "Camping" venues i will be a complete noob and will accept any help and criticism to make the experience more enjoyable for me and anyone around me.

@cmbthumper you nailed it - exactly how I feel.  If I don't do it, I'll never know.  I haven't camped in 30 years and Never off a bike.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J5ive said:

@cmbthumper you nailed it - exactly how I feel.  If I don't do it, I'll never know.  I haven't camped in 30 years and Never off a bike.

Making me feel really glad that I put this together! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, tntmo said:

appreciate you doing it ☺️

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, moto_rph said:

appreciate you doing it ☺️

Wait till you get the sausage bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

Wait till you get the sausage bill

But his name isn’t Bill..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, tntmo said:

@tntmo you should be glad.  I think we all appreciate you putting this together.  Since I got my T7, I wanted to try bike camping - but haven't done it...in a weeks time, I'll be able to check that off my list.  Thank You!!!

• Like 1

I will try to ride this.  

And I have been on many bike camptrips over the last 9 years I have a different setup for every trip. 1-2 night, 3-8 days and over a week to 6 weeks and 3 months. 

• Like 2

Those black and white video clips of “Jethro” made me reflect on how old you guys are…

I better bring ibuprofen for your knees!!

gerg.gif 

Edited by Goofy Footer
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Goofy Footer said:

Those black and white video clips of “Jethro” made me reflect on how old you guys are…

gerg.gif 

What bike are you riding there, buddy??

This is the Jethro I assumed you referenced. I expect this ^ kind of animation while we tell each other riding lies around the campfire!

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if our own @J5ive was at this show live on his Harley  super.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Goofy Footer said:

gerg.gif 

omg @Goofy Footer I can't wait to meet.  I bet I got socks older than you 😂....and roger that on the knees!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

gerg.gif

@Goofy Footer Yes, please bring lots of ibuprofen, I think I'm almost out of mine.  That was a good one...

Where did you find that Tull video?   Tull was/is one of my favorite bands from the 70's - well...until seeing that

18 hours ago, J5ive said:

@tntmo you should be glad.  I think we all appreciate you putting this together.  Since I got my T7, I wanted to try bike camping - but haven't done it...in a weeks time, I'll be able to check that off my list.  Thank You!!!

17 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

This is the Jethro I assumed you referenced. I expect this ^ kind of animation while we tell each other riding lies around the campfire!

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if our own @J5ive was at this show live on his Harley  super.gif

Worst stage dancing, ever.  Shoulda got him 5-7 in the slammer.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, J5ive said:

@moto_rph good call...  But, I would have gone with "Bungle in the Jungle" for next weekend.

That’s it. Nobody is gonna top that. We can close the thread. 😂

• Agree 1

Everybody, make sure you bring your toothbrushes.  I bet we're all gonna have Locomotive Breath after the sausage party 🤣🤣

Edited by moto_rph

..... um ..... John, if you don't come to camp you'll never get to see the "super-simple moto travel kitchen and cookery kit" and it's marvelous use-ification.  You'll wander the universe on your motor sickle bouncing along with clanking pots and pans and excessive gadgetry for the rest of your life having missed an example of pure camp kitchen genius.

Seriously though, I've had the privelege of sharing probably a hundred campfires with riders over the years.  Nobody ever shows up to talk politics or other controversial topics.  We all go there to unwind and forget the worlds problems.

You bring the salt, I'll bring the pepper and we are gonna have an awesome time!

• Like 1

A sense of humor is highly recommended.

If anyone is this tightly wound, I wonder how they can swing a leg over the seat?

But yeah, keep your politics at home.  That goes for both sides. I saw an earlier post that should have been called out but it wasn’t, so….

The only infighting that I will tolerate on this trip is the badmouthing of BMW’s and their riders.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, tntmo said:

A sense of humor is highly recommended.

If anyone is this tightly wound, I wonder how they can swing a leg over the seat?

But yeah, keep your politics at home.  That goes for both sides. I saw an earlier post that should have been called out but it wasn’t, so….

The only infighting that I will tolerate on this trip is the badmouthing of BMW’s and their riders.  

Dammit Tom, you keep that up and I’ll leave Woodford Reserve home and bring you some Old Crow instead. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Dammit Tom, you keep that up and I’ll leave Woodford Reserve home and bring you some Old Crow instead. 

If your bike doesn’t break down….

• Haha 1