tntmo

Noob Overnight Dual Sport Camping Trip - 22-23 October

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

This sounds like it's going to be one hell of a sausage party for sure, got messages from almost all attendees.  @Corpic, @ECDave and @Mr.JAJA are the only ones on the calendar list that didn't contact me. 

I will be calling the gas station Wednesday or Thursday to ensure they will be able to accommodate us, if not that gives time to change plans.  I'd suggest bringing at least a snack or something just in case, but if you eat lunch before we leave you probably won't die.  Probably....

If anyone else is attending but has not checked in on the calendar, please do so.  

Please bring some cash money (1's, 5's, 10's) so we can pay for the campsite and so you can help donate to the BMW riders who will need to call for a tow.  

I can't eat sausage, so I have to bring my chicken noodles soup. Can we leave now, I am ready. 

16661427992211103406018476218864.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, tntmo said:

if anyone else is attending but has not checked in on the calendar, please do so.  

I will be attending with a new member @Dale.  Apparently he's not hot on navigating the site, so put him down for a sausage also

Edited by Hawkins
removed whitespace
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, moto_rph said:

I will be attending with a new member @Dale.  Apparently he's not hot on navigating the site, so put him down for a sausage also

Got it, one for @Dale

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I can't eat sausage, so I have to bring my chicken noodles soup. Can we leave now, I am ready. 

16661427992211103406018476218864.jpg

Yes. You can leave now if you take the long way there. 

Dare I say  -  No Sausage for me!  always the oddball. first time and all I will be only eating camping food from small bags.

• Like 1

I must say this was a great bit of catch up reading this morning with my coffee :)

I can't make the campout due to farmers market & still working on new boundaries with the newest pooch - but may sneak out a ride Sunday we will see. I read through the comments on packing, and highly agree you can watch all the youtubes etc you want, but you need to just get after it yourself and figure out what works/ and what doesn't for you. If you are missing this one, you can use the GEICO ADV Rally coming up as your first live test, it's not far. I also, again, highly suggest loading the bike, clearing yourself a nice spot of days off and f'ing off in a direction of your choosing and not really making plans where you are going to stop or fussing about schedules etc. It will all come together and be great. 

Hope to see everyone at the adv rally, I will be on the FARKLE PONIES team with @Porkchop @moto_rph and my friend coming down from Oregon.

Welcome "Katya" to the Pack (Right) She's 1yo, and comes from some tough times but Milo (Left) is being a really great example for her as she learns the 10,000 ways to hear the word "no" lol:
May be an image of dog and indoor

Nick 

Edited by shutterrev
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, ECDave said:

Dare I say  -  No Sausage for me!  always the oddball. first time and all I will be only eating camping food from small bags.

Got it!  

I suggest to everyone who are first timers to pack your cooking kit if that’s how you plan to regularly travel.  You can make coffee/breakfast on Sunday morning.

• Like 1

Super excited about you guys being able taste each others sausages on this motorcycle camp out... It's so liberating.

I just wolfed down 2 whole brats in anticipation of the event, no sourkraut just brat.

I hope there's gonna be close up shots in the ride report so I can learn some new techniques on how to prepare at the campsite. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

Yes. You can leave now if you take the long way there. 

What, is there a short way too?

34 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

What, is there a short way too?

Yes.  It's called pinned in 5th gear.

Welcome home brother!

9 hours ago, PaulyPickles said:

I’m in. Thanks @tntmo for organizing this. See you all on Saturday. 

Make sure someone gives a sausage to the pickle.

🤡

11 hours ago, PaulyPickles said:

I’m in. Thanks @tntmo for organizing this. See you all on Saturday. 

I’m calling in the sausage order today, you need food or bringing your own?

Got the sausage order in, they will be ready around 3:00-3:30.  

So to clarify the meeting place is on Saturday at 680 Main St in Ramona (the coffee place) at 2pm correct?
@tntmo could you update the first thread in this with the pertinents.

Meeting place in Ramona
Gas Station location
Camp Ground Location.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

So to clarify the meeting place is on Saturday at 680 Main St in Ramona (the coffee place) at 2pm correct?
@tntmo could you update the first thread in this with the pertinents.

Meeting place in Ramona
Gas Station location
Camp Ground Location.

If you click on the calendar event, it's all very clearly laid out.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tntmo said:

Got the sausage order in, they will be ready around 3:00-3:30.  

I’ll bring my own food but if there are extra sausages I’ll take care of them. 

• Like 1

Edited the first post to include all details, but please RSVP on the calendar event.  I know of 15 people going so far, a couple not on the calendar event….

Also wanted to ensure everyone who said they were coming shows up.  The Warner Springs gas station is going out of the way to make food for us, so don’t screw them over.  

• Like 1

I managed to swing the schedule so I am going to be joining for the ride out there, wont be camping.
If there is a no show I will take up the slack and get one, otherwise I plan to fend for myself.

@Mr.JAJA with your heritage you should be the one bringing the schnitzel I mean it is October fest and all, a high holiday for your people and whatnot...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

In less than 24 hours, camping gear will be scattered all over the trail, bikes will be ridden off cliffs and noobs will be flogged.

Only the select few survivors will reap the sausages of victory!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Let’s just not light any tents on fire this weekend. 

I’m having difficulty seeing the calendar on my phone. If others are too:

Confirming:

1:30 meet and 2pm Kick Stands Up ?