tntmo

Noob Overnight Dual Sport Camping Trip - 22-23 October

46 minutes ago, tntmo said:

If your bike doesn’t break down….

Hey Tom out of curiosity you ever have so many rocks packed into your spark plug hole it took a few hours to clear them out to get at the plug, if not I know a guy…..

• Like 1

Well from the posts it looks like

I only have one person coming today, regardless shop is open 

see someone

later

maybe

• Like 1

Well, I just got home from the "Noob 101" class held by @DSM8.  For all of you professing to be rookies, I was expecting a full house. @J5ive and I were the only attendees :(

Anyway, Dave really knows his stuff.  Anyone can stuff a drysack until it's full and figure you're packed....but you don't know what you don't know.  Dave had a lot of info on how to best utilize space, weight distribution and farkles (straps, bags etc) that makes packing a whole lot more efficient.

Thanks for inviting us over @DSM8, and I hope to see everyone at the sausage party next Saturday!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Ok, I can't believe I'm going to say this but.....I need a good count for the Warner Springs gas station for how many sausages they need to set aside for us.  I want to contact them a couple days ahead of time, that way if it doesn't work out, anyone who was planning to get food there will have time to formulate another plan.

So, please message me with how many sausages you would like to purchase.  If I don't get a message, you won't be getting food at our last stop.  Damn, now I'm going to have an inbox full of sausage messages.  FML

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SANRider said:

So who's got enough room to pack a tv so we can watch the Padre game?

Better pack a big antennae too, no service at the campground.  I guess we will have to live like the people in the frontier days...wait until the next morning and ride to some service to find out if our sportsball team won.

2 minutes ago, tntmo said:

Better pack a big antennae too, no service at the campground.  I guess we will have to live like the people in the frontier days...wait until the next morning and ride to some service to find out if our sportsball team won.

I guess I'll just set the VCR to record it or bring my transistor radio

• Like 2

Well looks like I am out for riding with you guys Saturday 

friend is having their 60th so I’ll be going and wont be back in time to meet for the start 

have fun, those that showed up today got some good pointer and we were able to get J5 set up

with his barkbuster and suspension 

have fun

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DSM8 said:

Well looks like I am out for riding with you guys Saturday 

friend is having their 60th so I’ll be going and wont be back in time to meet for the start 

have fun, those that showed up today got some good pointer and we were able to get J5 set up

with his barkbuster and suspension 

have fun

You know where we’re at. Roll in, throw a bag on the picnic table and pour 2 fingers of Rye. We’ll leave the light on for you. 

Thought I might be able to make it after the fact, unfortunately I am at least 2.5 hours away from the campground and that would have me rolling in well after dark.

Maybe Ill just show up at 6am and make sure everyone get a good start to their morning, I hear airhorns are all the rage these days for wake up calls.

On 10/16/2022 at 8:19 AM, Zubb said:

It wasn’t my fault. @danrider sold me that pile of ----. 

He wasn't the one that kept giving it dirt naps

(mic drop)

15 hours ago, Zubb said:

1 sausage for me 

implied

On 10/16/2022 at 12:37 AM, Jlburgess said:

Wow, a stunning amount of stupidity!  Are you going on the ride or just posting up your policy?  I'd be instantly not camping with anyone with that mindset. 

Don't be rude to other members. Don't post politics. First and last warning.

• Agree 3

I have been away for a while due to kids/work/life and I am itching to get on two wheels again. I'll bring my drone so we can get some group shots. I'll load up the hard cases with goodies if anyone is short on supplies. I'll also bring something fun to play around the campfire in the event the group is into casual/group games. Also, I have some good conversation starter-style games that I'll toss in the pack. No promises, but my VHF/UHF radio might be able to hit a repeater from camp. If I can do that, I can likely get the score of the game everyone was talking about.

Looking forward to it!

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:37 AM, Jlburgess said:

"Help and advise are always key but experience Donald Trumps it all".

Wow, a stunning amount of stupidity!  Are you going on the ride or just posting up your policy?  I'd be instantly not camping with anyone with that mindset. 

This veteran is all for recreational fun but reciting the crap you learned on Faux News will leave you stranded on any ride I'm on.  Nothing personal but please get more educated.  I think it's embarrassing to be associated with that drivel.

Your politics stay in your house!  Bashing your fellow riders on this site does not go. Please tone down the hostility.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

I'm bringing a french press so we can have decent coffee Sunday morning.

If you don't already have one, get an LED headlamp. Digging around in various packs and navigating tent flaps/zipper/guylines/camp restrooms/etc. in the dark is much easier when both hands are free. Also, with no cell service, you're more likely to not have your cell phone on you. I'll have an extra or two to lend out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawkins said:

If you don't already have one, get an LED headlamp. Digging around in various packs and navigating tent flaps/zipper/guylines/camp restrooms/etc. in the dark is much easier when both hands are free. Also, with no cell service, you're more likely to not have your cell phone on you. I'll have an extra or two to lend out.

You pullin' a trailer? 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Hawkins said:

Bless you Jesse!  I pulled out the jar of freeze dried I took camping last time and it had turned into a rock😂

Edited by moto_rph
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:43 AM, tntmo said:

But yeah, keep your politics at home.  That goes for both sides. I saw an earlier post that should have been called out but it wasn’t, so….

Don't be shy about reporting any obvious or even suspect post to admins.  Sometimes, we just miss these posts, especially in threads like this that have lots of responding posts.  Just click on the little box in the upper right-hand corner of the offending post and the admins will get an  E-mail alert that there is something that needs attention.

Edited by Hawkins
Getting rid of blank space.
  • Like 2

To those offended, please start a different thread. 
let’s get back to camping here. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Zubb said:

You pullin' a trailer? 

Big bike with big boxes. With the wife and kids I won’t be solo camping anytime soon. I’m coming for the camaraderie and campfire.

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Zubb said:

To those offended, please start a different thread. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but this isn’t what we want either. @dirt dame, @ADV Bum, and I are all site admins and we are all stepping in to maintain our community standards and enforcing policy. The user that we are all three responding to isn’t welcome to act like that here or in any other thread. 

• Agree 2

This sounds like it's going to be one hell of a sausage party for sure, got messages from almost all attendees.  @Corpic, @ECDave and @Mr.JAJA are the only ones on the calendar list that didn't contact me. 

I will be calling the gas station Wednesday or Thursday to ensure they will be able to accommodate us, if not that gives time to change plans.  I'd suggest bringing at least a snack or something just in case, but if you eat lunch before we leave you probably won't die.  Probably....

If anyone else is attending but has not checked in on the calendar, please do so.  

Please bring some cash money (1's, 5's, 10's) so we can pay for the campsite and so you can help donate to the BMW riders who will need to call for a tow.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tntmo said:

This sounds like it's going to be one hell of a sausage party for sure, got messages from almost all attendees.  @Corpic, @ECDave and @Mr.JAJA are the only ones on the calendar list that didn't contact me. 

I will be calling the gas station Wednesday or Thursday to ensure they will be able to accommodate us, if not that gives time to change plans.  I'd suggest bringing at least a snack or something just in case, but if you eat lunch before we leave you probably won't die.  Probably....

If anyone else is attending but has not checked in on the calendar, please do so.  

Please bring some cash money (1's, 5's, 10's) so we can pay for the campsite and so you can help donate to the BMW riders who will need to call for a tow.  

I can't eat sausage, so I have to bring my chicken noodles soup. 

• Like 1