DSM8

Took a Brit to Big Bear

So went for ride on Saturday, the plan was Idlywild for lunch and back via the scenic route.

We get to the turn off at the bottom (Santa Ysabel) of the hill before going up to Julian and stop to take a break at the Julian Pie Company.

Just as we park a guy rolls in on a Norton with luggage, we clear a space so he can park in the shade with us and notice he has a British plate.

He literally got the bike off the plan the day prior, got it out of customs and then rode to Palm Desert where he camped for the night, ended up where we were at while trying to get to Big Bear.

After talking with him a bit (Andy) we decided WTF we will take you to Big Bear, didn't get home till almost 9pm that night.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vKv2QDG2xoq

Edited by DSM8
  • Like 1

Once in BB we had to backtrack a couple of times there was a small fire earlier that afternoon so they shut down all the campgrounds in the area, ended up taking him to Fawnskin to camp for the night.

• Like 2

Awesome. 
where you on the 1290 or the 990?

1290 was taking it out to see how the modified front wheel was going to work out, made one from the 990 fit the 1290.
Wasn't planning to ride that long of a day but oh well, better than sitting at home.

The 990 in the pictures belongs to my friend Sal, mine is orange so it is the faster version

• Like 1

@DSM8 that's exactly what I'm finding with this site (SDAR)...and why I enjoy checking the forms board.  People like you.

I've seen the people on this site are willing to help others, whether it's a Day in the Shop (or whatever it was called), a Newbee Ride helping others gain experience or @Hawkins reaching out to me to go for a ride after I joined the site and @350thumper putting on a ride this weekend in the sand...

SDAR is a site with just a bunch of Good Guy's trying to have Fun and help others along the way!!!

DSM8 - Good on You and Good on the rest of you, who help people out

Are you the guy from out tech day that I gave the tanks bag to and was going to give those bark busters too?
I don't recall your name, it was the navy guy with the prosthetic leg, that's all I remember, still waiting for him to come up for air sometime to finish getting that installed on his bike.

@Hawkins - Thoughts?

Hey @DSM8, the guy you gave the tank bag and bark busters to is @PerigrinoRobbino, aka Max. I've pinged him about the gear and reminded him that you asked for a donation to the site. I know he's good for it, likely just forgot. As for @J5ive, he's on the Tenere 700 in photo #6 here.